Senior Registered Veterinary Technician (Part-Time) - NoPa
Modern Animal is on a mission to better the lives of animals by building a place that’s better for all of us who love them. We care deeply about the profession, and we are looking for exceptional, highly experienced Senior Veterinary Technicians to join our growing team.
The pay range for this position is $35 - $41 per hour; however, the base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus may be provided as part of the compensation package. This role will not be eligible for medical, financial, and/or other full-time benefits. This information is provided per the California Pay Transparency Act. Base pay information is based on geographic location.
What you’ll be working on:
- Utilizing your RVT license to the highest level
- Recording accurate medical records utilizing appropriate veterinary terminology
- Completing lab work as needed
- Performing radiology with an understanding of appropriate fields
- Completing medical calculations as needed
- Understanding of veterinary pharmacology
- Logging controlled medications
- Monitoring and addressing concerns for your patients under anesthesia
- Completing dentistry to the full scope of your license
- Cleaning and upkeep as needed
- Collaborating closely with DVMs and coworkers
- Communicating discharge instructions with owners
- Performing duties autonomously
- Growing and thriving in an environment of continuous learning, improvement and excellence
- Living and modeling the Modern Animal cultural vision by encouraging work/life balance, self-compassion, and a blame- and judgement-free work environment
- Acting as a Modern Animal brand ambassador, including implementing local marketing efforts to grow your clinic membership base as needed.
Why you'd be a great fit:
- Successfully completed the VTNE
- 4+ years of high level experience in a Veterinary Technician role
- Enthusiasm for, and the ability to work at the top of your license in surgery, dentistry and anesthesia monitoring
- Forward thinker who enjoys living curiously
- Team player, ability to collaborate
- Desire to practice compassionate, high quality medicine
- Excellent client communication
We believe an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission. We’re not looking for candidates who are “culture fits.” We’re looking for candidates who can expand our culture and challenge business as usual. We strive to foster an environment where all staff can bring their whole selves to work, by their own definition, and we strive to provide all candidates with an equitable and accessible recruitment process.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If we can offer accommodations for you in the recruitment process, or if you have feedback on how to make our recruiting more equitable or accessible, please let us know!