SDK Engineering Manager
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2023
Canvas Medical is the electronic medical records (EMR) and payments development platform for healthcare. We build modern, elegant front- and back-end tooling to enable new ways for developers and clinicians to collaborate to solve healthcare’s toughest challenges. Canvas is institutionally backed by some of the greatest technology investors in the world (funded notable health tech companies such as GoodRx, Oscar Health, and Hims & Hers Health).
Are you ready to lead the team building the platform to transform healthcare? We’re looking for an engineering manager with a passion for building tools that enable developers to rapidly build products and accelerate their ability to deliver impact. Our ideal candidate is a seasoned engineering leader with strong product acumen, proven ability to deliver team impact, subject matter expertise in developer tooling, and determination to make healthcare data-driven, patient-centric, and personalized at scale by empowering clinicians.
Who We Are
We are a tight-knit group with diverse backgrounds, deeply committed to our mission and our users. We believe that healthcare can serve everyone in the US more effectively and our role in doing that is to give caregivers superpowers with software. We strive to be humble, hungry, and smart — both people-smart and problem-smart. We believe success comes from optimizing for the whole, and we welcome everyone’s ideas to the table. We focus on intentional growth so we can expand our skills and apply them to accomplish new goals. We are dedicated to helping each other be our best.
Who You Are
You have experience managing engineers of various skill levels in a growth company and apply your technical and people skills to remove roadblocks and coach others to overcome challenges. You have experience building platforms or developer tools from the ground up. You instill quality, scalability, and reliability into engineering products by developing and improving software development processes. You have a deep understanding of your team’s people and practices and apply that knowledge to guide planning and execution. You are a clear communicator and strong cross-functional collaborator who helps develop high-impact, company-level solutions.
What Success Looks Like at 90 Days
Customers are utilizing the seven modules of the unified Canvas SDK (a Python package) to drive and control the care delivery experiences that generate results for their patients and clinicians. Our customers’ developers are able to quickly iterate on care models in partnership with clinicians through a singular developer experience for the Canvas SDK and robust developer friendly documentation helps guide them.
- Hire, retain and grow amazing engineering talent for Canvas Medical
- Build a high-performing, user-centric engineering team that consistently delivers high-impact work that meets our users’ and customers’ needs
- Contribute to product strategy and partner with other engineering teams, design, product, customer success, and others to create solutions to address evolving customer needs
- Set the technical vision and lead technical decisions for your team to ensure the team writes simple, clean, and efficient code to create intuitive, beautiful products.
- Shape and manage team goals to support timely, effective execution.
- Bring clarity when faced with ambiguity; motivate and guide the team through complex problem solving.
- Dive into the details as needed, writing code, reviewing team members’ code, and providing coaching and feedback to ensure the highest quality.
- Develop and finalize architectural plans in coordination with other Engineering teams.
- A leader who has led teams to build developer-facing products from start to finish.
- Subject matter expert on developer tools, developer lifecycle, distribution, deployment and instrumentation.
- Experience in securely sandboxing user-provided code, and designing validation pipelines to detect malicious or inadvertently dangerous instructions.
- Demonstrated ability to translate business and user needs into a technical vision and product development roadmap.
- Experience developing leaders in the team.
- Technical depth and breadth of experience to help team members understand and overcome technical challenges efficiently and effectively.
- Experience collaborating closely with product, design, customer success and other business functions to creatively solve customer needs.
- Reputation as a valued thought partner and dependable leader across the organization.
- Deep critical reasoning skills and strong business judgment to make sound decisions and provide clear rationale.
- Entrepreneurial mindset; ability to innovate and think outside the box.
- Sense of urgency; desire to move quickly and ship things.
- Python and Django expertise highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Science disciplines, or comparable STEM-related degree.
- Minimum of 2 years experience as an organizational and people leader.
Location - This is a remote position that can be performed anywhere within the contiguous United States, with preference given to candidates working in the San Francisco Bay area.
- Reliability Above All
- Customer Devotion
- Tension as a Teacher
- Invest in One Another
We are a fully remote, distributed team. We encourage people to do their work when and where they perform at their best. Because of this structure, strong written communication skills, time management skills, and personal accountability are very important to us.
- Competitive Salary & Equity Package
- Health Insurance Reimbursement
- Home Office Stipend
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave (12 weeks)
- Flexible/unlimited PTO
- Paid Sabbatical after 4 years of employment
Canvas Medical provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.