Senior Graphics Engineer
Wave brings people together through virtual entertainment. Our shows enable artists and audiences to collaborate in the creation of the most interactive live performance experiences in the world. Waves are live, interactive and immersive shows that are unlike any virtual concert you have ever experienced. We combine the best of live music, gaming and broadcast technology to transform the live music experience. Waves are live streamed globally on wave.watch and across popular social and gaming platforms including YouTube, Twitter, Twitch, TikTok, Facebook and Roblox.
Come help us define the future of music! Together we'll create amazing experiences for the attendees, and drive creativity for concerts. You’ll be at the forefront, working to bring interactive concerts at scale. We are looking for Graphics Engineers to work with artists and programmers to create and develop visually stunning content for our productions.Software Engineers at Wave, bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas and also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. We work with both new and current technology, creating innovative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to deliver the future of music to millions. You can make it possible to show thousands of attendees in a virtual concert.
You will report into the engineering manager.
- Design and implement new visual features, either using state of the art techniques in real time rendering or inventing new ones
- Implement and optimize custom shaders for in-game special effects
- Work closely with artists to build new content pipelines and unleash their creativity
- Help the team set and achieve outstanding rendering performance target
- Drive creation of a roadmap around rendering improvements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Graphics, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years working in the Unreal Engine
- 5+ years experience working in games
- Strong C++ knowledge
- Demonstrated competency in graphics programming using C++, C#, HLSL, GLSL, UE Shader Graph, or other shading languages
- Strong 3D math skills and the understanding of 3D game engine design and various rendering techniques
- Experience with profiling and addressing performance and scale problems.
- Mobile or VR graphics engineering experience
- Strong communication skills
- PC graphics engineering experience
- Knowledge of music
- Musician/Music lover
- Passion for live events
- Eats and breathes graphics
Salary Range: $92,000 - $190,000