Sr. Scientist, Chemistry
Senior Scientist, Chemistry
Reports To: Director, Chemistry
Classification: Exempt, Full-Time
Switch Therapeutics is seeking a talented Sr. Scientist to join our Chemistry team. We will consider a Principal Scientist level for this position.
We are an organization committed to the delivery of high-quality drug candidates in the novel synthetic modalities space working closely with our discovery teams. Our mission requires strategic thinking, portfolio mindset and deep scientific expertise in multiple disciplines including oligonucleotide chemistry, bioconjugation chemistry, coupled with an ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners. A Principal Scientist is an outstanding individual to join our team as a leader and innovator.
This role will require full time onsite work at our research facilities in South San Francisco.
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $120,000 and $150,000 per year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including equity in the Company, a discretionary annual bonus, in addition to a full range of healthcare, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if a candidate receives an offer of employment.
If hired, the employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
- As a dynamic leader, drive and lead the conditionally activated siRNA technology and platform to support RNA-based therapeutics, working in concert with partners in Neuroscience, Biology, Foundation Research and Bioinformatics.
- Provide scientific strategy, and leadership for novel T2 CASi manufacture and process development with the formulation, for in vivo delivery of siRNA, and other therapeutic modalities.
- Guide junior scientists with the implementation of decisive experiments to identify best-in-class CASi designs, ligands, and formulations to drive rapid advancement of CASi candidate selection.
- Participate in portfolio and stage-gate reviews, lead the preparation and presentation of dossiers for clinical candidate nomination and compound advancement.
- Manage third-party CRO and CMOs for collaboration and outsourced work as needed.
- Critically evaluate experiment data and communicate scientific findings as verbal presentations and written reports; and provide updates on project status to Discovery leadership Teams.
- PhD degree in a synthetic organic, medicinal chemistry, analytical chemistry, or related scientific discipline, preferably related to oligonucleotides is required.
- Postdoctoral experience with an emphasis on nucleic acid chemistry, purification and annealing strategies of siRNA is preferred.
- Multiple years of experience in the biopharmaceutical industry with proven track record of leading innovative oligonucleotide discovery projects is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience as a project leader and managing teams in a biopharmaceutical or biotech industry is preferred.
- Strong track record of scientific contributions including peer reviewed publications, patent applications, and/or presentations at major national meetings is preferred.
- Ability to collaborate across teams in a matrix environment is required.
- A deep commitment to working as part of teams to deliver breakthrough medicines.
- Excellent communication, organization, and time management skills and ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
Switch Therapeutics is an emerging biotechnology company that is developing RNAi therapies stemming from transformative technologies invented at Caltech, City of Hope, and Harvard Medical School.
The company’s conditionally activated siRNA (CASi) platform integrates RNA nanotechnology with RNA medicinal chemistry to create siRNA pro-drugs that can activate or suppress their own drug activities based on the presence or absence of disease indicating RNA markers in mammalian cells. This gives CASi based drugs the ability to target specific cells responsible for disease while sparing healthy cells from drug activity.
Since its founding in Q3 2020, Switch has made significant progress in optimizing its technology for therapeutic applications and has generated highly compelling in vivo validation data demonstrating distribution, potency, and duration of effect that support development for important disease indications.
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.