Research Associate / Scientist, In-vivo Biology
Research Associate / Scientist, In-vivo Biology
Reports To: Director, In-Vivo Biology
Classification: Exempt, Full-Time
Switch Therapeutics is seeking a highly motivated Research Associate or Scientist in In Vivo Biology to support the discovery and optimization of novel RNA therapeutics. The successful candidate will contribute to discovery projects by developing well-defined in vivo experiments and projects within CNS research. The candidate must have a strong foundation in in vivo neuroscience methods and will be responsible for critical path activities. The individual will collaborate and demonstrate effective communication and documentation of results with key stakeholders in the biology and chemistry teams. The candidate should be proficient at delivering compounds into the CNS and harvesting and processing tissues for ex vivo evaluation. The role is laboratory-based within a dynamic cross-functional R&D team. The selected candidate will be expected to conduct routine surgeries in rodents, contribute to the implementation of improvements for routine procedures and complex problem resolution within project scope.
The candidate’s education and experience will determine the Research Associate or Scientist position level.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Director. The position requires on-site location work in our South San Francisco office.
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $75,000 and $120,000 per year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including equity in the Company, a discretionary annual bonus, in addition to a full range of healthcare, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if a candidate receives an offer of employment.
If hired, as an employee, you will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
- Dosing solutions into rodents systemically (i.p., s.c., i.v.) and directly into the CNS via i.c.v. and i.t. routes of administration.
- Blood collection (by survival and terminal methods) and harvesting and processing postmortem tissue.
- Tissue sample organization (identification, storage, record and dissemination)
- Maintain accurate records in electronic lab notebook (ELN) and prepare high quality reports and scientific presentations.
- Collaborate with other team members to facilitate the analysis of ex vivo material.
- Will work closely with other team members.
- Maintains lab notebooks, ELN and report data and analysis results as presentations and written reports to the scientific team.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Biology, Neuroscience, or related field and minimum of 3 years of research experience (experience and education will determine level of the position).
- Experience delivering compounds in mice and rats using different routes of administration (i.c.v. and i.t. are essential).
- Experience collecting blood, systemic and CNS tissue from rodents (Experience collecting brain, spinal cord and dorsal root ganglia are highly desirable).
- Understanding of standard data analysis tools (e.g., Excel, Prism).
- Self-motivation and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner.
- Extraordinary attention to detail, planning, and organizational skills.
- History of timeline-driven delivery.
Switch Therapeutics is an emerging biotechnology company that is developing RNAi therapies stemming from transformative technologies invented at Caltech, City of Hope, and Harvard Medical School.
The company’s conditionally activated siRNA (CASi) platform integrates RNA nanotechnology with RNA medicinal chemistry to create siRNA pro-drugs that can activate or suppress their own drug activities based on the presence or absence of disease indicating RNA markers in mammalian cells. This gives CASi based drugs the ability to target specific cells responsible for disease while sparing healthy cells from drug activity.
Since its founding in Q3 2020, Switch has made significant progress in optimizing its technology for therapeutic applications and has generated highly compelling in vivo validation data demonstrating distribution, potency, and duration of effect that support development for important disease indications.
The company has recently secured new funding and is gearing up for aggressive growth enabling the next phase of its mission.
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.