Store Manager, Seattle (University Village)
Store Manager (University Village)
Parachute’s mission is to help you feel at home. It’s what inspires our retail store teams to come together every day to enhance the quality of our customers’ lives at home. Because we believe that when we take care of our home, it takes care of us.
As a member of our retail team, you’ll play an integral role in building a Parachute community within your local area. You’ll work collaboratively, provide subject matter expertise on all things cozy, and have fun while doing it. We put the customer at the center of everything we do, and we want you to be part of that at Parachute!
What this role entails:
We’re looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Store Manager for our Seattle (University Village) store to help our teams, customers, and neighbors feel at home!
The Store Manager is responsible for managing all daily operations of their store to ensure achievement of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and ensuring that all team members are engaged and successful in their roles. Store Managers will recruit for talent and lead their teams, all while coaching in the moment and being an inspirational leader. A strong sense of teamwork and openness that embodies Parachute’s ethos is vital to success in this role. And of course, Store Managers are responsible for bringing the Parachute brand experience to customers at the highest standard.
- Be a true business owner. KPIs, P&Ls, NPS, YoY comps: All of these will be under your purview to achieve successfully. Your ideas and leadership will translate into new initiatives, sales, and above and beyond store experiences.
- Manage the store’s successful operational execution - this includes hiring, partnering with interior designers and contractors, merchandising, event planning, etc.
- Be action oriented, results driven, and flexible.
- Conduct regular check-ins with your team establishing a culture of accountability and rewarding successes.
- Recruit, train, and build a hard working team of Parachute employees.
- Deliver a positive, personalized experience – one customer and one employee at a time.
- Develop meaningful customer connections and build community through hosting events with local vendors and inviting new customers inside.
- Grow store network and community through ongoing event planning, activation scheduling and execution, and additional outreach to the community.
Operations + Merchandising:
- Maintain highest visual standards and upkeep of the store while making sure to evaluate sales and inventory levels in relation to merchandising.
- Possess expert knowledge of Parachute branding and products.
- Oversee inventory receiving process and controls; coordinate weekly shipments with the allocation team at headquarters.
- Merchandise, evolve and adapt the store’s presentation according to season, new product launches, customer needs, etc.
- Have open availability to ensure that you can be there for when the teams and customers need you.
- Minimum of 3 years in retail management, hospitality, customer service or showroom management in a high-volume, high-profile environment.
- Experience hiring, training and leading a team is required.
- Merchandising and display experience is preferred.
- Full-time availability (40 hours a week), including weekends and holidays.
- Experience with web-based POS and inventory systems is preferred along with general technical knowledge.
- Ability to lift 10 pounds on a regular basis.
- Experience in – and a passion for – home interiors is preferred.
- Motivated self-starter, confident leader with a solutions-minded focus.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial start-up environment.
What You’ll Get:
- Free bedding for a great night’s sleep, an awesome discount and $300 worth of free product a year!
- Health benefits with 100% employee coverage offering
- Vision and dental covered 100% on all plans
- Free One Medical membership
- Paid parental leave
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Quarterly incentives
- 13 days of PTO + 8 paid holidays
- Equity package
Parachute is a certified Great Place to Work! Check us out here.
Our Commitment to You
We believe in the power of a diverse workplace. Which is why we are committed to actively recruiting and hiring people of all races, religions, colors, national origins, genders, gender identities or expressions, sexual orientations, ages, marital statuses, veteran statuses and disability statuses. As an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and foster an inclusive environment by committing to diverse hiring practices, encouraging education and communication with a monthly DE+I newsletter and building a DE+I enrichment and training program.
Ensure your Parachute Home job offer is legitimate and don't fall victim to fraud. Parachute never seeks payment from job applicants. Parachute recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @parachutehome.com email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.parachutehome.com/careers.