Who we are
HopSkipDrive’s mission is to create opportunity for all through mobility. Our innovative, supplemental school transportation solutions are used by over 400 school districts, charter schools, nonprofits, government agencies, as well as busy families to safely and reliably get kids where they need to go.
Student transportation is the largest mass transit system in the U.S. The way kids get to and from school has a direct impact on our kids, families, schools and communities. While school districts spend $28 billion annually on transportation, only 30% of kids get to school on a bus. The current system can no longer meet all the transportation needs of our districts, schools and families — and its shortcomings are causing inequities in educational access that are affecting the welfare of millions of kids each day.
HopSkipDrive is taking a different approach to arranging safe, reliable school transportation that meets needs that aren’t being addressed by the current system, helping to fill gaps and supplement the student transportation options available. We create personalized transportation solutions for the one to the many, and everything in between.
We’re a company with heart
Our partnerships with school districts, child welfare agencies and nonprofits ensure equitable educational access for the most vulnerable populations, including youth in foster care, children experiencing homelessness and students with disabilities.
We understand that the difference between struggle and success can sometimes be as simple as the ability to show up, which is why we’re on a mission to use innovative technology — coupled with operational expertise and new ways of thinking — to help kids reach their full potential by providing a safe, dependable way to get them where they are going.
We’re an awesome place to work
Our company culture has been well-recognized — HopSkipDrive has been named to Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list, as well as Best Places to Work lists from Built In LA, Comparably, Inc., and the Los Angeles Business Journal. Comparably also named us a Best Company for Professional Development, as well as to its Best CEO and Best CEOs for Women lists.
We’re growing rapidly
Founded by three moms as a solution to their own transportation challenges, we now operate across over 20 major markets and more than a dozen states across the country. We continue to expand at a rapid pace, making the Inc. 5000 list four times, as well as the Deloitte 500 Fast-Growing Technology list. HopSkipDrive has raised $100M in funding to date.
Who you are
You are looking for a challenging and rewarding experience. You are inspired by our vision and the opportunity to define a new category in an incredibly fast-growing market. You are excited to learn, grow and collaborate so we can achieve our mission of creating opportunity for all through mobility.
At HopSkipDrive, we know that challenges require different approaches, unique perspectives and new ways of thinking. We are building a team of creative problem-solvers from many different backgrounds.
You are an excellent communicator who enjoys collaborating with others. Above all, you want to build something that fundamentally changes the lives of families for the better. HopSkipDrive’s Legal team seeks a highly organized and detail-oriented Contract Administrator to join our dynamic team. As a Contract Administrator, you will ensure the efficient management and administration of contracts (SaaS, licensing, vendor, non-disclosure, consulting, and sales agreements) and be our Ironclad expert. You will also collaborate closely with various internal teams, including Legal, Sales, Finance, Product, Supply and Markets to optimize our contracting and legal processes.
What you’ll do:
- Initial Redlining of Contract to SOP: Align contracts, including SaaS, licensing, vendor, non-disclosure, consulting, and sales agreements, with HopSkipDrive’s standard terms and conditions.
- Contract Administration: Maintain an organized and up-to-date contract repository, tracking key contract milestones and generating reports to support key business intel. Coordinate contract-related communications with relevant parties to ensure contracts are moving efficiently through internal processes.
- Contract Management System Administration: Be the expert in both the front end and the back end of HopSkipDrive’s contract management system (Ironclad) and respond to all administrative issues related to the same.
- Collaboration: Partner with Sales, Finance, Product, and other cross-functional teams to facilitate the contract lifecycle, ensuring clear communication of contract terms and obligations, and providing guidance on contract-related matters.
- Process Improvement: Identify opportunities for streamlining contract-related processes, suggesting and implementing improvements to increase efficiency, accuracy, and overall effectiveness
What you'll bring:
- 5-7 years of proven experience in contract administration, helping to streamline legal review and contracting processes. This role requires experience with SaaS, master service, vendor/consulting, and data processing agreements with governmental entities.
- Deep experience using the Ironclad contract management system, including serving as an Ironclad Administrator and using Ironclad’s Workflow Designer.
- Meticulous attention to detail with particular expertise collecting, organizing, and reporting out key contracting metadata to inform business intelligence.
- Strong organizational skills to manage a high volume of contracts, deadlines, and tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to manage small to medium-sized projects with limited guidance with an understanding that the scope of decisions in the role will impact teams across the organization.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely to others.
- Comfort providing guidance and training to internal teams on contract-related matters, helping them understand contract terms, compliance requirements, and Ironclad processes.
Nice to have and strongly preferred:
- Adept understanding of contracting in a highly regulated industry, particularly the transportation network company space.
- Experience participating in the contracting process with governmental entities.
- Paralegal background is preferred but not required
** This role will be fully remote from a state where we do business AZ, CA, CO, FL, IL, KS, MD, WI, NC, NV, NJ, NY, OR, TX, SC, VA, UT, WA, MO, MI, TN, NM, OK**
What you will get
We want you to be an owner in our company and share in executing our vision, so every full-time employee has equity. In addition, we offer flexible vacation, medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401(k), FSA, and an opportunity to work for a uniquely positioned, VC-backed company in a hugely attractive space with significant upside potential. HopSkipDrive is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role in is $70,000 to $80,000. This position is remote and, as such, compensation will ultimately be in line with the location in which the position is filled. Final compensation for this role will be determined by several factors such as a candidate’s relevant work experience, skill set, certifications, and specific work location. The total compensation package for this role also includes equity stock options.
Equal Opportunity Employer
HopSkipDrive is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected class. HopSkipDrive is also proud to operate as a drug-free workplace.