Director, New Programs - Safety
Who we are
HopSkipDrive’s mission is to create opportunity for all through mobility. Our innovative, supplemental school transportation solutions are used by over 400 school districts, charter schools, nonprofits, government agencies, as well as busy families to safely and reliably get kids where they need to go.
Student transportation is the largest mass transit system in the U.S. The way kids get to and from school has a direct impact on our kids, families, schools and communities. While school districts spend $28 billion annually on transportation, only 30% of kids get to school on a bus. The current system can no longer meet all the transportation needs of our districts, schools and families — and its shortcomings are causing inequities in educational access that are affecting the welfare of millions of kids each day.
HopSkipDrive is taking a different approach to arranging safe, reliable school transportation that meets needs that aren’t being addressed by the current system, helping to fill gaps and supplement the student transportation options available. We create personalized transportation solutions for the one to the many, and everything in between.
We’re a company with heart
Our partnerships with school districts, child welfare agencies and nonprofits ensure equitable educational access for the most vulnerable populations, including youth in foster care, children experiencing homelessness and students with disabilities.
We understand that the difference between struggle and success can sometimes be as simple as the ability to show up, which is why we’re on a mission to use innovative technology — coupled with operational expertise and new ways of thinking — to help kids reach their full potential by providing a safe, dependable way to get them where they are going.
We’re an awesome place to work
Our company culture has been well-recognized — HopSkipDrive has been named to Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list, as well as Best Places to Work lists from Built In LA, Comparably, Inc., and the Los Angeles Business Journal. Comparably also named us a Best Company for Professional Development, as well as to its Best CEO and Best CEOs for Women lists.
We’re growing rapidly
Founded by three moms as a solution to their own transportation challenges, we now operate across over 20 major markets and more than a dozen states across the country. We continue to expand at a rapid pace, making the Inc. 5000 list four times, as well as the Deloitte 500 Fast-Growing Technology list. HopSkipDrive has raised $100M in funding to date.
This role's key focus is to ensure we are making data-driven decisions that prioritize safety. You will be responsible for, not just supporting our exceptional safety record but, constantly raising the bar on safety- for both sides of our marketplace. You are creative and analytical and know how to influence cross-functional partners to embrace change and continuous improvement. You know how to operationalize things at scale and can adapt to ever-changing business needs. You are results-oriented, data-driven and hands-on. You are passionate about safety and are never happy with the status quo. You’re always ready with ideas for the next iteration and motivated to continually improve the safety of our community. This role will report directly to the VP of Safety.
What you’ll do:
- Become the business owner for HopSkipDrive’s safety programs, with a mandate to improve our safety program and continued support of our best-in-class safety culture
- Establish a solid understanding of our users and empathy for their needs, as well as expertise in the detailed workings of our marketplace. You’ll understand the unique needs and requirements of both sides of the marketplace
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders to establish shared goals and a prioritized roadmap of ideas for achieving them. This role will influence product, process, and people; you will take a holistic view and seek improvement where it’s most impactful.
- Research -including but not limited to industry best practices, best-in-class vendors or solutions, and robust data analysis
- Focus on stakeholder engagement, managing and completing sophisticated projects and programs, leading cross-functional teamwork, driving regional alignment, and improving processes through data analytics, organization, and teamwork
What you’ll bring:
- 8+ years of program management, project management, or related experience, ideally with time both at startups where you’ve helped launch new programs and at larger companies where you’ve developed solutions that scale
- 3+ years of experience directly related to trust & safety
- Entrepreneurial spirit- you’re helping come up with solutions to prevent problems we haven’t seen yet
- Experience leading cross-functional initiatives with executive visibility and influence
- Demonstrated success in using data to make customer-focused decisions and to facilitate behavior change in support organizations
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills across multiple functions and teams
- Skilled at analyzing data in SQL and/or Tableau
- Bachelor's degree
- Direct experience in rideshare or a similar two-sided marketplace is preferred
** This role will be fully remote from a state where we have employees AZ, CA, CO, FL, IL, KS, MD, MI, MO, NC, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OK, OR, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI**
What you will get
We want you to be an owner in our company and share in executing our vision, so every full-time employee has equity. In addition, we offer competitive market comp, flexible vacation, FSA, medical, dental and vision, 401(k), and an opportunity to work for a uniquely positioned, VC-backed company in a hugely attractive space with significant upside potential. HopSkipDrive is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role is $110,000 to $130,000. Final compensation for this role will be determined by several factors such as a candidate’s relevant work experience, skill set and specific work location. The total compensation package for this role also includes equity stock options.
Equal Opportunity Employer
HopSkipDrive is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected class. HopSkipDrive is also proud to operate as a drug-free workplace.