Sales Development Representative
Who we are
HopSkipDrive’s mission is to create opportunity for all through mobility. Our safe, innovative youth transportation solution is used by over 450 school districts, charter schools, non-profits and government agencies, and busy families to get kids where they need to go.
With nearly 500,000 yellow buses on the road every day and 3.5 billion miles driven a year, student transportation is the largest mass transit system in the US. And while districts spend $25 billion annually on transportation, only 30% of kids get to school on a bus every day. Add to the equation a crippling bus driver shortage and increasing needs for individualized transportation solutions, and it is clear the current system is expensive, inefficient, and ripe for disruption.
We create personalized transportation solutions from one to many, and everything in between.
We’re a company with heart
Our partnerships with school districts, child welfare agencies, and nonprofits ensure equitable educational access for our most vulnerable populations, including youth in foster care, youth experiencing homelessness, and youth with special needs.
We understand that the difference between struggle and success can sometimes be as simple as the ability to show up, which is why we’re on a mission to use innovative technology, coupled with operational expertise and new thinking to help kids reach their full potential by providing a safe, dependable way to get them where they are going.
We’re an awesome place to work
Our company culture has been well-recognized — HopSkipDrive has been named Fast Company Most Innovative Companies, Best Places to Work lists from Built in LA, Comparably, Inc., and the Los Angeles Business Journal. Comparably also named us to the Best Company for Professional Development, Best CEO, and Best CEOs for Women lists.
We’re growing rapidly
Founded by three moms as a solution to their own transportation challenges, we now serve 12 states and 22 metros across the country and continue to expand at a rapid pace, twice making the Inc. 5000 and Deloitte 500 Fast-Growing Technology lists. Backed by top-tier venture capital firms, HopSkipDrive has raised $100M in funding to date.
Who you are
You are looking for a challenging and rewarding experience. You are inspired by our vision and the opportunity to define a new category in an incredibly fast-growing market. You are excited to learn, grow and collaborate so we can achieve our mission of creating opportunity for all through mobility.
At HopSkipDrive, we know that challenges require different approaches, unique perspectives and new ways of thinking. We are building a team of creative problem-solvers from many different backgrounds.
You thrive in a fast-paced startup environment. You are honest and exhibit high integrity. You are proactive and excited to bring new ideas to the company. You solicit feedback and are open to criticism. You adjust quickly to changes in priorities and conditions and cope effectively with complexity and change. You have high attention to detail.
You are an excellent communicator who enjoys collaborating with others and mentoring other engineers. Above all, you want to build something that fundamentally changes the lives of families for the better.
What You Will Do:
- Work in conjunction with sales team to research and evaluate prospective leads
- Establish a rapport with potential prospects
- Use a consultative sales approach during outreach to accurately assess the needs of prospective clients
- Cold call and email identified leads and determine if there is a potential need for HSD’s services
- Utilize Salesforce CRM to manage sales funnel and determine outreach strategies
- Meet or exceed SDR quotas (includes email and phone calls)
- Qualify leads that express interest in HSD’s service and assign them to an Account Executive, creating Sales Qualified Lead.
- Meet or exceed assigned monthly and quarterly goals set forth by management
Nice to Have:
- 1-year of Inside, Outside Sales, or Sales Development Experience preferred·
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Honest and empathetic approach to helping potential clients.
- Phenomenal interpersonal skills
- Experience handling objections
- Being a big team player
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Strong desire for growth and in it for the long haul
- Experience with CRM (Salesforce) and SalesLoft platforms preferred
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to easily convey HopSkipDrive’s service and mission to potential clients
- Strong time management skills, creative problem solver, and self-sufficient worker
- Proficiency in Google Suite and Microsoft Office
** This role will be fully remote from a state where we do business AZ, CA, CO, DC, FL, IL, KS, MD, WI, NC, NV, NJ, NY, OR, TX, SC, VA, UT, WA, MO, MI, TN, NM**
What you will get
We want you to be an owner in our company and share in executing our vision, so every full-time employee has equity. In addition, we offer flexible vacation, medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401(k), FSA, and an opportunity to work for a uniquely positioned, VC-backed company in a hugely attractive space with significant upside potential. HopSkipDrive is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role is $64,000-65,000 plus commission on a monthly basis. This position is remote and, as such, compensation will ultimately be in line with the location in which the position is filled. Final compensation for this role will be determined by several factors such as a candidate’s relevant work experience, skill set, certifications, and specific work location. The total compensation package for this role also includes equity stock options.
Equal Opportunity Employer
HopSkipDrive is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected class. HopSkipDrive is also proud to operate as a drug-free workplace.
Something looks off?