Who we are
HopSkipDrive’s mission is to create opportunity for all through mobility. Our safe, innovative youth transportation solution is used by over 450 school districts, charter schools, non-profits and government agencies, and busy families to get kids where they need to go.
With nearly 500,000 yellow buses on the road every day and 3.5 billion miles driven a year, student transportation is the largest mass transit system in the US. And while districts spend $25 billion annually on transportation, only 30% of kids get to school on a bus every day. Add to the equation a crippling bus driver shortage and increasing needs for individualized transportation solutions, and it is clear the current system is expensive, inefficient, and ripe for disruption.
We create personalized transportation solutions from one to many, and everything in between.
We’re a company with heart
Our partnerships with school districts, child welfare agencies, and nonprofits ensure equitable educational access for our most vulnerable populations, including youth in foster care, youth experiencing homelessness, and youth with special needs.
We understand that the difference between struggle and success can sometimes be as simple as the ability to show up, which is why we’re on a mission to use innovative technology, coupled with operational expertise and new thinking to help kids reach their full potential by providing a safe, dependable way to get them where they are going.
We’re an awesome place to work
Our company culture has been well-recognized — HopSkipDrive has been named Fast Company Most Innovative Companies, Best Places to Work lists from Built in LA, Comparably, Inc., and the Los Angeles Business Journal. Comparably also named us to the Best Company for Professional Development, Best CEO, and Best CEOs for Women lists.
We’re growing rapidly
Founded by three moms as a solution to their own transportation challenges, we now serve 12 states and 22 metros across the country and continue to expand at a rapid pace, twice making the Inc. 5000 and Deloitte 500 Fast-Growing Technology lists. Backed by top-tier venture capital firms, HopSkipDrive has raised $100M in funding to date.
This position will join a small, entrepreneurial team at HopSkipDrive called RideIQ Solutions. We’re a “startup within a startup” on a mission to transform student transportation from the ground up.
Student transportation is the largest public transit system in America, and it needs help. The national bus driver shortage is leaving kids without a ride to school and districts with few options. Meanwhile, many school buses are largely empty, but transportation teams lack the modern decision-support technology and advanced analytics they need to design more efficient, data-driven systems.
The RideIQ Solutions team is building the technology and expertise to help districts abandon the old “one-size-fits-all” and instead use data and analytics to match the right vehicle to the right need, route each vehicle efficiently, and rebuild their operations on a more cost and carbon efficient foundation.
Who you are
As a Transportation Analyst you will own the end-to-end strategic routing process for a collection of school district clients and contribute in diverse ways to the broader team mission. You are looking for a challenging and rewarding experience. You are inspired by our vision and the opportunity to define a new category in an incredibly fast-growing market. You are excited to learn, grow and collaborate so we can achieve our mission of creating opportunity for all through mobility.
At HopSkipDrive, we know that challenges require different approaches, unique perspectives and new ways of thinking. We are building a team of creative problem-solvers from many different backgrounds.
You thrive in a fast-paced startup environment. You are honest and exhibit high integrity. You are proactive and excited to bring new ideas to the company. You solicit feedback and are open to criticism. You adjust quickly to changes in priorities and conditions and cope effectively with complexity and change. You have high attention to detail.
What you'll do
Run the end-to-end strategic routing process for a collection of school district clients. Each engagement is unique, and our service delivery model is always evolving, but can be described generally in three phases:
- Phase I. Pre-Work. Gather, understand, clean and prepare a client’s data for the strategic routing model.
- Engage directly with transportation teams, asking questions about their data access and quality.
- Walk transportation teams through our custom data intake form, ask for feedback, and customize it as needed.
- Support transportation teams in the extraction and transfer of data from their systems; understand nuances in the data, surface questions and potential errors, and troubleshoot directly with transportation teams; clean the data set and transfer it into the required format .
- Depending on the client’s data-readiness this may look like simply ingesting an intake form they have populated, or like traveling to the client site, sitting side-by-side with a member of the transportation team and helping them find/export the right data.
- Phase II. Strategic Routing. Configure, execute and iterate on multiple runs of the strategic routing model.
- Translate qualitative district priorities and constraints into model values.
- Execute the model, populate output analysis, and evaluate success.
- Iterate on the priorities and constraints based on your own perspective as well as feedback from internal and external stakeholders.
- Compile a final client-facing packaged output and share it with transportation teams.
- Phase III. Post-Work. Ensure successful execution of strategic routing recommendations
- As we get new information about who needs to be routed, or as new constraints or priorities arise, adjust and re-run the strategic routing model.
- Support a wide range of implementation initiatives with both internal and client teams to ensure success.
- You’ll also “wear the hat that needs a head.” We are a small, entrepreneurial team and so you’ll find yourself supporting a wide range of other workstreams needed for the business to succeed. This may include things like contributing to board or pitch decks, supporting the core development of the technology, building new visualizations for the output, participating in cross-functional working teams, and much, much more.
What you bring
- 3-5+ years experience turning data into actionable insights.
- Advanced Excel, SQL and data visualization required; Tableau preferred.
- Ability to quickly evaluate, clean and transform large, messy datasets.
- You take accuracy seriously, frequently double and triple checking your analysis.
- You ask “why” and then you ask it again, returning to first principles and what will have the greatest impact for our clients and for our business.
- You are a strong communicator. You tell good, true stories with data that help people see the world differently.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset. You like building things without a blueprint. No challenge is too big or task too small and you thrive in a fast-paced ever-changing environment
** This role will be fully remote from a state where we do business AZ, CA, CO, DC, FL, IL, KS, MD, MO, WI, NC, NV, NJ, NY, OR, TX, SC, VA, MI, WA**
What you will get
We want you to be an owner in our company and share in executing our vision, so every full-time employee has equity. In addition, we offer flexible vacation, medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401(k), FSA, and an opportunity to work for a uniquely positioned, VC-backed company in a hugely attractive space with significant upside potential. HopSkipDrive is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role in is $80,000 to $95,000. This position is remote and, as such, compensation will ultimately be in line with the location in which the position is filled. Final compensation for this role will be determined by several factors such as a candidate’s relevant work experience, skill set, certifications, and specific work location. The total compensation package for this role also includes equity stock options.
Equal Opportunity Employer
HopSkipDrive is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected class. HopSkipDrive is also proud to operate as a drug-free workplace.
Something looks off?