Senior Sales Director
GumGum is a contextual-first, global digital advertising platform that uses advanced AI technology to serve captivating creative ads that drive consumer attention, without the use of personal data. At GumGum, we don’t need to know who you are to deliver relevant and engaging ads that align with your active frame of mind. We believe that a digital advertising industry based on context rather than personal data builds a more equitable and less invasive future for the internet and is better for consumers, publishers and advertisers alike. Our blueprint for the future, The Mindset Matrix™, combines the power of context and creative in digital advertising to deliver superior attention and drive consumer action without sacrificing personal data.
To be a part of this next phase of digital advertising that prioritizes data privacy, please visit www.gumgum.com/careers
The Senior Sales Director is responsible for leading and growing a portion of the Canada Account Executive and Account Director team. Reporting to the VP, Sales, this role is also responsible for leading and developing senior relationships in the allocated region to drive real value for our clients through GumGum products; specifically this role will have a core focus in Toronto and will have specific assigned accounts and territories that the team is focussed on.
Senior Sales Directors have a deep knowledge of the online media landscape, the advertising community and have 4+ years of proven media sales experience as well as 2+ years of management experience. The Senior Sales Director is a self-motivated leader who can work with internal teams and is committed to achieving and exceeding sales goals while growing GumGum’s products in their allocated region.
Note: GumGum currently operates in a ‘work from home’ virtual environment with sporadic opportunities for in-person business and morale events (health guidelines permitting). There will not be any requirement to go into the office on a daily basis moving forward.
What You'll Achieve
- Canada Sales Team Management and Support
- Oversee a portion of GumGum’s Account Executive and Account Director sales team productivity, building a highly inclusive culture, ensuring team members thrive and organizational outcomes are met.
- Drive effective recruitment, onboarding, professional development, performance management and retention of team members.
- Translate strategy into actionable goals for performance and growth helping to implement team wide goal setting and performance management.
- Ensure team members are having the best possible GumGum experience by delivering meaningful feedback and coaching to the team, evidenced by regular feedback requests, 1:1’s, quarterly reviews and recognition.
- Seek out and implement best practices for sellers in making sure they are furthering their skill set and knowledge of the business.
- Role models company values, behaviors and ethical leadership.
- Drive Revenue for CA Territories
- Work with team members on Account Based Strategies to drive growth within assigned account lists and agencies
- Responsible for driving new business while growing existing partnerships with a target of approx $10M+ annually.
- Expected to make senior level introductions across agencies and brands in the region to drive new business and develop existing relationships.
- Relationship Development - Cultivate senior-level relationships with brands, agency contacts and clients to gain deep insight into their business and ultimately provide GumGum solutions for their marketing and advertising goals.
- Translate Client Insight to internal Product Team - Provide feedback to the company on how to best service clients’ needs
- Internal Collaboration - Work with Client Strategists, Account Managers, Programmatic Managers, and other internal teams to ensure sold proposals are successfully implemented and aligned with client expectations.
- Strategic Sales - With the support of Strategic Growth team in developing, managing and executing strategic sales opportunities
Skills You'll Bring
- Bachelor's Degree in Media or Marketing/Advertising field
- 4+ years of selling experience in digital advertising sales (has to be sales in our specific industry whether publisher or tech sales) with a larger book of business ($5M+)
- 2+ years experience managing a team of sellers responsible for teams who drive significant revenue ($10M+)
- Must have strong selling experience and track record of hitting or exceeding sales targets with extensive senior-level brand and agency contacts in Canada
- Experience leading and coaching sales team members
- Proficient in SalesForce (is comfortable logging meetings, calls, pulling reports, etc.)
- PowerPoint, Excel and Word skills a must
- Must possess superb written and verbal communication skills
- Uses Seller Crowd and checks the trades for updates on accounts
- Strong and strategic relationship building with clients
- Attention to detail and organization in daily tasks
- Quick at problem solving internally and externally while managing stakeholders through the process
- Fundamental understanding of business drivers (P/L, Operating Statement, COGS, Revenue, etc.)
- Applies analytical skills to interpret data and uses independent judgment and discretion in developing solutions to a variety of work problems
- Looking for someone who is hungry and motivated and passionate about our product
- Outgoing and can build and maintain/grow client relationships at all levels (entertaining is required)
- Proactive not reactive in approach
- Sense of urgency in everything they do
- Flexible and have the ability to adjust quickly to changing demands or strategies
- Is open and adapts to change and innovation
- Creative and think outside the box and be strategic
- Continue to grow both GumGum and industry knowledge
- Must be a highly motivated team player
What We Offer
- Learn about our benefits & perks package at gumgum.com/benefits. If you'd like additional information, your recruiter can share more specifics during the hiring process!
- Shortlisted for Marketing Technology Company of the Year for the 2023 Mumbrella Awards
- 2024 Winner of 7 BuiltIn Awards on a national, regional, and remote scale - including Remote Best Places to Work at #25 and Best Midsize Places to Work in Los Angeles, CA at #9
- Ad Exchanger Programmatic Power Player 2022 and 2021
- CTO Hero Award of OTT.X 2023
- Digiday Media Awards Europe finalist 2022 and 2021
- Finalist for the 2023 AdExchanger Awards Best Video Technology For Media Suppliers
- Gold Award at the IAB Mixx Awards in Belgium in the “Best Use of Advertising Technology” category
- The Drum Award Digital Advertising: Game-changing Technology for Domino's case study
GumGum is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. At GumGum, we believe in cultivating an environment where our team members can bring their authentic, whole selves to work. Encouraging identity and belonging is one of the many aspects of our culture that makes us stronger as an organization and drives innovation. We are committed to building and delivering a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workforce that is representative of the world around us, where all individuals are treated with respect and dignity - and to act swiftly if this value is ever threatened. We are constantly striving to be better, and we continue to take strategic steps to advance representation. - Phil Schraeder, CEO
Learn more about our DEIB programming at gumgum.com/deib
Follow us on our socials...
Instagram: @gumgum & @dogsofgumgum
Tweet us: @gumgum