Publisher Success Manager
GumGum is a contextual-first, global digital advertising platform that uses advanced AI technology to serve captivating creative ads that drive consumer attention, without the use of personal data. At GumGum, we don’t need to know who you are to deliver relevant and engaging ads that align with your active frame of mind. We believe that a digital advertising industry based on context rather than personal data builds a more equitable and less invasive future for the internet and is better for consumers, publishers and advertisers alike. Our blueprint for the future, The Mindset Matrix™, combines the power of context and creative in digital advertising to deliver superior attention and drive consumer action without sacrificing personal data.
To be a part of this next phase of digital advertising that prioritizes data privacy, please visit www.gumgum.com/careers
The Publisher Success Manager is the dedicated day-to-day contact for a subset of premium publisher partners and GumGum’s longtail support publishers utilizing Zendesk support system. Reporting to the Sr. Director, Publisher Success, this role is the backbone of GumGum's greater partner network and plays an essential role in retaining existing partners and deploying growth initiatives at scale.
The Publisher Success Manager is a multi-functional role that supports existing accounts while proactively unlocking opportunities for expansion.
The Publisher Success Manager possesses a passion for customer success and strives to become an expert in the Ad Tech industry while helping to automate our inbound partner support cue.
Note: GumGum currently operates in a ‘work from home’ virtual environment with sporadic opportunities for in-person business and morale events (health guidelines permitting). There will not be any requirement to go into the office on a daily basis moving forward. GumGum is only open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and MN, however prefers candidates to be located in New York.
What You'll Achieve
- Manages Tier 1 and Tier 2 publisher partnerships, including some of the world’s biggest and well-known websites.
- Manages day-to-day publisher partner support in Zendesk, including new partner onboarding, resolving account issues, and answering questions within our standard SLAs.
- Escalates inbound technical issues to Solutions Engineers as needed while managing external partner communications & expectations.
- Tracks inbound support requests to identify trends and reports findings upstream.
- Develops operational processes that help to improve inbound FAQ while delivering on established turnaround times.
- Monitors daily reporting to identify trends or uncover possible issues
- Proactively identifies partner growth opportunities and presents them externally to help drive new revenue via upsells.
- Fully supports publisher onboarding implementations - working closely with GumGum’s solutions engineering and partner management teams.
Skills You'll Bring
- BA/BS degree in Business (Advertising/Marketing) or similar experience
- 1+ years experience in digital media/ad tech, with exposure to a network, exchange, or SSP environment
- Experience in an account management role within ad tech creating solutions on behalf of clients.
- Able to manage within JIRA, Zendesk, Google products, and ticketing systems.
- Ability to analyze data to spot trends
- Familiarity with the media industry, digital advertising, the lumascape and ad tech
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Clear communicator (verbal & email) with experience in a customer facing role
- Ability to think critically and view issues from different perspectives
- Ability to breakdown complex problems and appropriately articulate them to the necessary parties
What We Offer
At GumGum, competitive base pay is a part of a total rewards package which also includes benefits, an emphasis on recognition, development, and wellness. The reasonable estimated base pay range for this role is from ($69,000 - $84,000) annually. The actual amount may be higher or lower. Individual compensation will vary based on factors including, but not limited to, relevant qualifications, work location, and labor market conditions.
The total rewards package offered also includes an employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan, and depending on the role, participation in a bonus, commission, or stock incentive program. Your recruiter can share more specifics during the hiring process. Learn more about our U.S. benefits & perks package at gumgum.com/benefits.
- Shortlisted for Marketing Technology Company of the Year for the 2023 Mumbrella Awards
- 2024 Winner of 7 BuiltIn Awards on a national, regional, and remote scale - including Remote Best Places to Work at #25 and Best Midsize Places to Work in Los Angeles, CA at #9
- Ad Exchanger Programmatic Power Player 2022 and 2021
- CTO Hero Award of OTT.X 2023
- Digiday Media Awards Europe finalist 2022 and 2021
- Finalist for the 2023 AdExchanger Awards Best Video Technology For Media Suppliers
- Gold Award at the IAB Mixx Awards in Belgium in the “Best Use of Advertising Technology” category
- The Drum Award Digital Advertising: Game-changing Technology for Domino's case study
GumGum is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. At GumGum, we believe in cultivating an environment where our team members can bring their authentic, whole selves to work. Encouraging identity and belonging is one of the many aspects of our culture that makes us stronger as an organization and drives innovation. We are committed to building and delivering a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workforce that is representative of the world around us, where all individuals are treated with respect and dignity - and to act swiftly if this value is ever threatened. We are constantly striving to be better, and we continue to take strategic steps to advance representation. - Phil Schraeder, CEO
Learn more about our DEIB programming at gumgum.com/deib
Follow us on our socials...
Instagram: @gumgum & @dogsofgumgum
Tweet us: @gumgum