Customer Success Manager, Verity
GumGum is a contextual-first, global digital advertising platform that uses advanced AI technology to serve captivating creative ads that drive consumer attention, without the use of personal data. At GumGum, we don’t need to know who you are to deliver relevant and engaging ads that align with your active frame of mind. We believe that a digital advertising industry based on context rather than personal data builds a more equitable and less invasive future for the internet and is better for consumers, publishers and advertisers alike. Our blueprint for the future, The Mindset Matrix™, combines the power of context and creative in digital advertising to deliver superior attention and drive consumer action without sacrificing personal data.
To be a part of this next phase of digital advertising that prioritizes data privacy, please visit www.gumgum.com/careers
GumGum is looking for an experienced, passionate account manager to join an exciting and entrepreneurial division within GumGum: our Data Division. The Verity™ team operates as a small-but-mighty startup within the greater GumGum ecosystem, therefore would be the ideal place for someone who thrives in a fast-growing, dynamic environment. If you like building new businesses, this is the role for you.
The Verity™ Customer Success Manager is responsible for owning client accounts and revenue growth for our GumGum Verity™ Platform. This role will partner with our publishers, brands, agencies and platform clients in how to maximize their return on investment from the Verity™ platform. Reporting into the Director, Verity™ Customer Success, the Verity™ Customer Success Manager ultimately drives deep partnerships with clients and owns all aspects of the customer lifecycle.
This position will serve as a trusted advisor to our clients, and they will own the engagement, success, retention and growth of their Verity™ customers. They are the voice of the customer while connecting with every function in the organization. This role understands the realities of our customer’s businesses and innovates on the best way for Verity™ to become an integral and impactful part of our clients’ businesses.
Note: GumGum currently operates in a ‘work from home’ virtual environment with sporadic opportunities for in-person business and morale events (health guidelines permitting). There will not be any requirement to go into the office on a daily basis moving forward. GumGum is only open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and MN.
What You'll Achieve
- Manage client relationships and own customer lifecycle for Advertisers, Agencies and Publishers
- Responsible for the successful onboarding of accounts, owning kick-off & performance objectives, campaign strategy and troubleshooting
- Lead Contextual and Brand Safety & Suitability strategy for client’s Programmatic Display and Video campaigns.
- Be responsible for customer relationship growth and expansion; work with Product and Sales to identify upsell opportunities and areas for increased value and adoption with Verity™
- Be the trusted advisor and champion for the customer at Verity™; accountable for customer satisfaction, retention, and growth
- Continually increase knowledge of the client’s business to build true partnership; identify proactive adoption opportunities and understand knowledge gaps, serving as the client’s first line consultant
- Synthesize customer feedback and identify key opportunities to influence product strategy and direction
- Create Display and Video PMP deals leveraging Verity™ Contextual Data; advise customers on set up and targeting best practices
- Support client segment activation & troubleshooting in DSPs and lead custom segment strategy
- Leverage Verity™ insight tools to drive cookieless data strategies; drive feedback cycle with Product to shape new reporting features and data visualizations
- Conduct regular engagement touchpoints to continually drive value and increase adoption for the customer. Set and own customer meetings and reviews with key stakeholders
- Work with Director, Verity™ Customer Success to actively support department initiatives to continue to refine and enhance Verity™ Customer Success at GumGum
- Monitor and report on the progress and health of owned accounts in collaboration with the Director, Verity™ Customer Success, supporting department reporting and analysis
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional partners (Sales, Product, Marketing, Engineering, Operations) to drive success for our customers and Verity™
- Work with Director, Verity™ Customer Success to drive successful roll-out of new Verity™ solutions and market launches. Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure the highest level of support and satisfaction for your book of business.
Skills You'll Bring
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required
- 4-5 years of experience in Customer Success, ideally leading enterprise accounts. Demonstrated achievement and thorough knowledge of online advertising and the Programmatic ecosystem.
- Strong knowledge and experience in the digital landscape; specifically in Programmatic advertising
- Prior experience working with Programmatic video (CTV/OTT/OLV) and with contextual data solutions highly preferred
- Prior experience working in DSPs or SSPs highly preferred
- Prior experience working with Cookieless data solutions a plus
- Thrive in a customer setting, actively seeking out opportunities to network and connect with customers
- Proven track record of successfully owning client relationships and driving retention and growth through strategic support
- Proactive, with ability to self-direct through multiple concurrent projects
- High sense of urgency, driven with ability to understand and prioritize initiatives
- Ability to build trust quickly, navigate difficult conversations comfortably, and maintain strong customer relationships
- Familiar with Salesforce.com; Experience with leading client meetings and creating presentations: Google Slides, Powerpoint
- Success at building and maintaining relationships, and work cross-functionally with internal and external teams
- Ability to thrive in a constantly changing, fast-paced, highly collaborative environment; comfortable with navigating in start up environment
- Ability to act as an evangelist for the product in market, capturing the hearts and minds of influential decision makers
- A passion to solve market problems using technology
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively; strong written and listening skills
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail
- Comfortable with ambiguity and being agile in order to change direction as priorities move rapidly
- Ability to catch the vision and direction of the product and pragmatically execute to deliver results
- Integrity and emotional intelligence: will need to create relationships with and collaborate with a wide range of internal teams, always acting with the best interest of the company in mind, and handling sensitive/confidential information
- Excellent interpersonal skills
What We Offer
At GumGum, competitive base pay is a part of a total rewards package which also includes benefits, an emphasis on recognition, development, and wellness. The reasonable estimated base pay range for this role is from ($79,000 - $107,000) annually. The actual amount may be higher or lower. Individual compensation will vary based on factors including, but not limited to, relevant qualifications, work location, and labor market conditions.
The total rewards package offered also includes an employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan, and depending on the role, participation in a bonus, commission, or stock incentive program. Your recruiter can share more specifics during the hiring process. Learn more about our U.S. benefits & perks package at gumgum.com/benefits.
- Shortlisted for Marketing Technology Company of the Year for the 2023 Mumbrella Awards
- BuiltIn #37 Best Places to Work 2023 across the United States
- BuiltinLA #7 Best Places to Work 2022
- BuiltinLA Best Places to Work 2021
- Ad Exchanger Programmatic Power Player 2022 and 2021
- CTO Hero Award of OTT.X 2023
- Digiday Media Awards Europe finalist 2022 and 2021
- Finalist for the 2023 AdExchanger Awards Best Video Technology For Media Suppliers
- Gold Award at the IAB Mixx Awards in Belgium in the “Best Use of Advertising Technology” category
- The Drum Award Digital Advertising: Game-changing Technology for Domino's case study
GumGum is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. At GumGum, we believe in cultivating an environment where our team members can bring their authentic, whole selves to work. Encouraging identity and belonging is one of the many aspects of our culture that makes us stronger as an organization and drives innovation. We are committed to building and delivering a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workforce that is representative of the world around us, where all individuals are treated with respect and dignity - and to act swiftly if this value is ever threatened. We are constantly striving to be better, and we continue to take strategic steps to advance representation. - Phil Schraeder, CEO
Learn more about our DEIB programming at gumgum.com/deib
Follow us on our socials...
Instagram: @gumgum & @dogsofgumgum
Tweet us: @gumgum