GumGum is a contextual-first, global digital advertising platform that uses advanced AI technology to serve captivating creative ads that drive consumer attention, without the use of personal data. At GumGum, we don’t need to know who you are to deliver relevant and engaging ads that align with your active frame of mind. We believe that a digital advertising industry based on context rather than personal data builds a more equitable and less invasive future for the internet and is better for consumers, publishers and advertisers alike. Our blueprint for the future, The Mindset Matrix™, combines the power of context and creative in digital advertising to deliver superior attention and drive consumer action without sacrificing personal data.
To be a part of this next phase of digital advertising that prioritizes data privacy, please visit www.gumgum.com/careers
The Strategist is responsible for partnering with Sales to achieve regional revenue goals, leading the Deal Response stage of the sales cycle to close opportunities. This entails working cross-functionally across GumGum’s Growth Team to prepare recommendations that address the client’s needs and objectives and position GumGum to partner effectively with the client on each potential campaign.
Success in this position requires the ability to understand client needs, craft solutions that match needs to GumGum’s offerings, project manage, storytell, and prioritize competing response demands. This role will operate in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
Measures of success for this role include RFP Win Rate, Closed Deal Value (i.e., value of won RFPs), Average Deal Size, and quality of partnership (to Sales).
Note: GumGum currently operates in a ‘work from home’ virtual environment with sporadic opportunities for in-person business and morale events. There will not be any requirement to go into the office on a daily basis moving forward. GumGum is only open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, NJ, NY, NV, OH, OR, PA, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and MN.
What You'll Achieve
- Deal Response Leadership
- Lead creation of the response for every Deal Response stage opportunity. This includes any deal regardless of size, account, channel, or type (incoming or proactive).
- Drive cross-functional alignment on what to propose throughout the response creation process. This involves preparing for, facilitating, and following up on discussions to brainstorm and review proposed solutions. It may also require pushing back internally and offering alternative solutions.
- Prepare required response deliverable(s) that are on time and of high quality.
- As needed, contribute to client follow-up efforts on specific deal responses, such as insights for a check-in email or participation in a response feedback call.
- Response Deliverable Creation (Deliverable Quality)
- Prepare response deliverables that succinctly communicate our understanding of the client’s needs and a proposed solution in a manner that differentiates GumGum and is palatable to media buyers.
- Understand GumGum’s value proposition and offerings and consistently reflect this understanding in all response deliverables
- Work across GumGum’s internal teams to propose solutions that showcase both the best that GumGum has to offer and what the organization can reasonably support
- Fully utilize team resources to create responses as efficiently as possible
- Take a data-driven and analytical approach to storytelling, leveraging data tools and reporting, including but not limited to Looker, Quantcast, and Comscore.
- Client Strategy Team Effectiveness
- Contribute to team resources that will maximize the efficiency of response creation.
- Independently prioritize workload, involving manager for help when needed.
- Work on at least one quarterly strategic initiative to improve the effectiveness of the Client Strategy team overall
- Participate in the Buddy System to foster team-building and growth culture within the Client Strategy team.
Skills You'll Bring
- BA/BS degree in Business (Advertising/Marketing) or similar experience
- 1-2+ years of work experience, ideally in media buying, sales, customer success, business development, or marketing, either in high-growth tech companies or agencies
- Experience developing proposals and pitches
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Project management and prioritization
- Storytelling, using both qualitative and quantitative information
- Ability to use, or quickly learn, research and reporting tools like Comscore, Quantcast, and Looker
- Solid understanding of online advertising and how media agencies and brands make decisions
- Proficient in PowerPoint and Google Slides
- A ‘strategist-meets-planner-meets-seller’ with a drive to win business
- A project manager and storyteller with the energy and skills to quickly and effectively communicate mutually beneficial solutions to clients
- Self-starter with ownership mentality and ability to collaborate cross-functionally to deliver quality results
What We Offer
At GumGum, competitive base pay is a part of a total rewards package which also includes benefits, an emphasis on recognition, development, and wellness. The reasonable estimated base pay range for this role is from $62,000 - $76,000 annually. The actual amount may be higher or lower. Individual compensation will vary based on factors including, but not limited to, relevant qualifications, work location, and labor market conditions.
The total rewards package offered also includes an employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan, and depending on the role, participation in a bonus, commission, or stock incentive program. Your recruiter can share more specifics during the hiring process. Learn more about our U.S. benefits & perks package at gumgum.com/benefits.
- Shortlisted for Marketing Technology Company of the Year for the 2023 Mumbrella Awards
- BuiltIn #37 Best Places to Work 2023 across the United States
- BuiltinLA #7 Best Places to Work 2022
- BuiltinLA Best Places to Work 2021
- Ad Exchanger Programmatic Power Player 2022 and 2021
- CTO Hero Award of OTT.X 2023
- Digiday Media Awards Europe finalist 2022 and 2021
- Finalist for the 2023 AdExchanger Awards Best Video Technology For Media Suppliers
- Gold Award at the IAB Mixx Awards in Belgium in the “Best Use of Advertising Technology” category
- The Drum Award Digital Advertising: Game-changing Technology for Domino's case study
GumGum is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. At GumGum, we believe in cultivating an environment where our team members can bring their authentic, whole selves to work. Encouraging identity and belonging is one of the many aspects of our culture that makes us stronger as an organization and drives innovation. We are committed to building and delivering a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workforce that is representative of the world around us, where all individuals are treated with respect and dignity - and to act swiftly if this value is ever threatened. We are constantly striving to be better, and we continue to take strategic steps to advance representation. - Phil Schraeder, CEO
Learn more about our DEIB programming at gumgum.com/deib
Follow us on our socials...
Instagram: @gumgum & @dogsofgumgum
Tweet us: @gumgum