Digital Director, Client Direct
GumGum is a contextual-first, global digital advertising platform that uses advanced AI technology to serve captivating creative ads that drive consumer attention, without the use of personal data. At GumGum, we don’t need to know who you are to deliver relevant and engaging ads that align with your active frame of mind. We believe that a digital advertising industry based on context rather than personal data builds a more equitable and less invasive future for the internet and is better for consumers, publishers and advertisers alike. Our blueprint for the future, The Mindset Matrix™, combines the power of context and creative in digital advertising to deliver superior attention and drive consumer action without sacrificing personal data.
To be a part of this next phase of digital advertising that prioritizes data privacy, please visit www.gumgum.com/careers
The Client Sales Director is an individual contributor role responsible for prospecting and closing sales in GumGum’s Market Leading Advertising platform. This role is based within the UK sales team.
Reporting to the Group Digital Director, this role is responsible for leading and developing key relationships and strategy with ‘in-housed’ brands who are planning and activating campaigns from the UK. Alongside this focus, the Client Sales Directors will engage with DSPs to support them with their clients and promote GumGum’s offering.
The Digital Director will be uniquely placed to offer our omni-channel offering to this client group, through our suite of formats -> High Impact, Video/OLV, C-TV and Data Only (Contextual Segments/Attention Measurement) offering.
The Digital Director, Client Direct is a self-motivated individual who can work with internal teams and are committed to achieving and exceeding sales goals while growing GumGum’s products in their allocated patch.
We expect the successful candidate to drive value for our clients through GumGum products & have a pre existing list of contacts on which they can call upon - both at DSPs (Demand Side) and InHoused clients.
Note: GumGum currently operates in a ‘work from home’ virtual environment with sporadic opportunities for in-person business and morale events (health guidelines permitting). There will not be any requirement to go into the office on a daily basis moving forward.
What You'll Achieve
- Revenue Driven Action - Responsible for a significant client direct & DSP patch of business.
- Sales Prospecting and Hunting – This individual is expected to increase output from existing clients & DSPs through developing relationships whilst also identifying new prospects who have taken media planning and buying in-house.
- Expectation to generate a high volume of sales related activity including presentations, RFP’s, and innovative sales solutions
- Upsell current clients in current and new products - Provide deep market insights into contextual and rich media. Showcasing the value of this mix to our clients and gaining test opportunities with additional products including rich media, contextual data, video or C-TV.
- Relationship Development - Cultivate relationships with brands to gain deep insight into their business and ultimately provide GumGum solutions that meet their marketing and advertising goals.
- Translate Client Insight to internal Product Team - Provide thorough and prompt feedback to the company on how to best service clients’ needs
- Internal Collaboration - Work with designated Account Manager and other internal teams to ensure sold proposals are successfully implemented and aligned with client expectations in a timely manner.
- Strategic Sales - Support the Client Director in developing, managing and executing strategic sales opportunities
Skills You'll Bring
- 3 years of solid selling digital advertising campaigns.
- Must have strong selling experience and a track record of hitting or exceeding sales targets.
- Experience in both Managed Service and Programmatic solutions.
- Strong reputation across the industry and an amazing list of contacts.
- PowerPoint, Excel and Word skills
- Must possess superb written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and organization in daily tasks
- Looking for someone who is eager, motivated and passionate about GumGum’s products
- Can build and maintain/grow client relationships at all levels
- Proactive not reactive in approach with a strategic mindset
- Flexible and can adjust quickly to changing demands or strategies
- Is open and welcoming of change and innovation
- Continue to grow and embrace both GumGum and industry knowledge
- Must be a highly motivated team player
What We Offer
- Learn about our benefits & perks package at gumgum.com/benefits. If you'd like additional information, your recruiter can share more specifics during the hiring process!
- BuiltIn #37 Best Places to Work 2023 across the United States
- BuiltinLA #7 Best Places to Work 2022
- BuiltinLA Best Places to Work 2021
- Ad Exchanger Programmatic Power Player 2022 and 2021
- Digiday Media Awards Europe finalist 2022 and 2021
GumGum is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. At GumGum, we believe in cultivating an environment where our team members can bring their authentic, whole selves to work. Encouraging identity and belonging is one of the many aspects of our culture that makes us stronger as an organization and drives innovation. We are committed to building and delivering a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workforce that is representative of the world around us, where all individuals are treated with respect and dignity - and to act swiftly if this value is ever threatened. We are constantly striving to be better, and we continue to take strategic steps to advance representation. - Phil Schraeder, CEO
Learn more about our DEIB programming at gumgum.com/deib
Follow us on our socials...
Instagram: @gumgum & @dogsofgumgum
Tweet us: @gumgum