HR & Office Coordinator
GumGum is a contextual-first, global digital advertising platform that uses advanced AI technology to serve captivating creative ads that drive consumer attention, without the use of personal data. At GumGum, we don’t need to know who you are to deliver relevant and engaging ads that align with your active frame of mind. We believe that a digital advertising industry based on context rather than personal data builds a more equitable and less invasive future for the internet and is better for consumers, publishers and advertisers alike. Our blueprint for the future, The Mindset Matrix™, combines the power of context and creative in digital advertising to deliver superior attention and drive consumer action without sacrificing personal data.
To be a part of this next phase of digital advertising that prioritizes data privacy, please visit www.gumgum.com/careers
The HR & Office Coordinator is responsible for many important aspects of GumGum’s HR, Payroll, Legal, Accounting, Office/Facilities and IT functions within Poland. Reporting to the Director, People and Culture EMEA who is based in the UK, the HR & Office Coordinator will provide day-to-day support to team members and leaders across the full employee lifecycle, including onboarding/offboarding, payroll, benefits, reporting, systems management and performing regular onsite office management duties. They will work indirectly for/with the Director, Accounting - EMEA, the Payroll team at headquarters, the legal team, and the IT Support Technician for EMEA. The HR & Office Coordinator will also assist in developing and delivering necessary HR policies and programs which support a global team.
Note: GumGum currently operates in a ‘work from home’ virtual environment with sporadic opportunities for in-person business and morale events (health guidelines permitting). However, the person in this role must live within commuting distance to our office in Rzeszów, Poland and should be able to work in the office at least four out of the five business days each week.
What You'll Achieve
- General PeopleOps (HR) Support
- Providing HR support to employees, mandators and contractors, managers, responding to their requests concerning human resources and payroll, Finance matters etc.
- Answering questions and offering guidance on HR-related issues to all stakeholders internally and externally.
- Preparing various types of documents; contracts, offers, promotion agreements, reference letters, and supporting documentation for work permits. All needed in both hard copies and electronically.
- Maintaining accurate employee files and updating HR information systems as required.
- Producing and analysing HR data on employee demographics, turnover, absenteeism, and other HR metrics required
- Cooperating with external accountant and EMEA payroll department
- Providing essential information to ensure correct salary calculations
- Creating and updating document/application/form templates in accordance with the current legal regulations
- Onboarding and Offboarding
- Coordinating and conducting onboarding and orientation programs for new hires- including adding to the HRIS system
- Manage administrative on-boarding/off-boarding activities for new hires/separations including the collection of all required documents in a timely manner
- Collaborating with the Talent Acquisition (TA) team to deliver a "people first" experience
- Working with the IT department in EMEA to ensure smooth onboarding processes
- Preparing the workplace for different work arrangements (onsite, remote, or hybrid)
- Referring employees for medical check-ups and Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) training
- Supporting the necessary formalities related to onboarding and offboarding
- Benefits Administration
- Assisting in the administration of Polish benefits programmes; enrolling new employees and liaising with the benefits providers
- Ensuring invoices are paid in a timely manner
- Managing private medical health insurance, retirement plans, life insurance, managing sharing costs programs within our benefits and paid time off (PTO) programs, the statutory days as well as company awarded additional days off
- Legal Compliance
- Staying informed about immigration and employment laws and regulations and liaising with our external legal advisors when required
- Maintaining the Polish Employee Handbook
- Ensuring the company's compliance with immigration laws when hiring foreign nationals
- Staying in touch with the province governor's office, the district job agency
- Safely storing and securely managing documentation related to the legal employment status of foreign nationals
- Employee Representative Duties; perform the duties of the company's employee representative. Taking part in discussions with an employee representative on changes to the internal regulations.
- Employee Events Support
- Supporting the EMEA employee engagement team but organising and managing employee events and programs, such as recognition initiatives, team-building activities, and company events including venues, food, travel, accommodation when required
- Office Management
- Ensuring the currency of contracts related to the management of company affairs - Board of directors' documentation
- Developing and implementing workplace safety policies and procedures.
- Purchasing necessary office supplies for the office's functioning using company card.
- Making office orders e.g. fruit
- Managing contracts with external suppliers (tenancy agreement, parking space rental agreement, contracts between the company and benefits providers and other suppliers)
- Office repairs and renovations
- Managing incoming and outgoing correspondence, being the authorized person for receiving correspondence
- Managing keys to the office, garage, and areas inaccessible to employees
- Managing parking spaces and parking cards
- Sending the building owner readings of water and electricity consumption meters every last day of the month, track the deadlines for fire extinguisher inspection, and gas heater inspection (before the heating season around September).
- Representing the employer as the individual providing on-site occupational health and safety training - requires occupational health and safety training
- Being the person responsible for providing first aid in the workplace - requires completing first aid training confirmed by a diploma issued by a paramedic
- Management of bottled drinking water deliveries to the office, as well as their inspection and cleaning
- Accounting Support
- Sharing invoices with our accounting team
- Cooperating with our Finance team. Invoice management, making payments
- Purchasing items related to expenses of individual teams at the request of managers, such as from the morale budget, training budget, and others, for example, ordering food, paying for team lunches, purchasing gift cards, buying training materials such as books, wedding gifts , get well soon gift, baby boxes etc., and other occasions, reserving venues for company events, etc using company card.
- IT Support
- Office equipment management support
- Keeping stock checks of monitors, adapters, cables, routers
- Setting-up laptops for new joiners
- Disposing of laptops for leavers
- Supporting general local IT needs of EMEA IT team
- Accounting Support
Skills You'll Bring
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferable
- Location of office: Rzeszów, Poland; candidate will need to be able to work in the office at least four out of the five business days each week and 5 days per week if needed.
- At least 2 years of experience across a variety of Human Resources responsibilities
- Ability to thrive in an exceptionally fast-paced environment
- Previous experience with HR systems and general HR administration
- An innovative problem solver who is proactive and loves to get things done
- Strong interpersonal skills, good intuition, and the ability to communicate to all levels of the organization
- Ability to prioritize workload, balance multiple tasks at once, and solid attention to detail
- Ability to plan and anticipate issues and delays before critical deadlines are due
- Proficiency in Google applications specifically with Sheets, Slides, and Docs
- Extreme attention to detail
- Demonstrates orientation to continuous improvement and critical thinking
- Possess a client service approach and focus
- Strong sense of accountability
- Driven and self motivated
- A problem solver and can work autonomously and in teams
- Resourceful: able to research potential solutions and overcome obstacles to get projects to the finish line
What We Offer
- Learn about our benefits & perks package at gumgum.com/benefits. If you'd like additional information, your recruiter can share more specifics during the hiring process!
- BuiltIn #37 Best Places to Work 2023 across the United States
- BuiltinLA #7 Best Places to Work 2022
- BuiltinLA Best Places to Work 2021
- Ad Exchanger Programmatic Power Player 2022 and 2021
- Digiday Media Awards Europe finalist 2022 and 2021
GumGum is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. At GumGum, we believe in cultivating an environment where our team members can bring their authentic, whole selves to work. Encouraging identity and belonging is one of the many aspects of our culture that makes us stronger as an organization and drives innovation. We are committed to building and delivering a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workforce that is representative of the world around us, where all individuals are treated with respect and dignity - and to act swiftly if this value is ever threatened. We are constantly striving to be better, and we continue to take strategic steps to advance representation. - Phil Schraeder, CEO
Learn more about our DEIB programming at gumgum.com/deib
Follow us on our socials...
Instagram: @gumgum & @dogsofgumgum
Tweet us: @gumgum