GumGum is a contextual-first, global digital advertising platform that uses advanced AI technology to serve captivating creative ads that drive consumer attention, without the use of personal data. At GumGum, we don’t need to know who you are to deliver relevant and engaging ads that align with your active frame of mind. We believe that a digital advertising industry based on context rather than personal data builds a more equitable and less invasive future for the internet and is better for consumers, publishers and advertisers alike. Our blueprint for the future, The Mindset Matrix™, combines the power of context and creative in digital advertising to deliver superior attention and drive consumer action without sacrificing personal data.
To be a part of this next phase of digital advertising that prioritizes data privacy, please visit www.gumgum.com/careers
The Contracts Manager supports GumGum’s entire contract life-cycle management. Reporting to the Associate General Counsel, the Contracts Manager will assist the Legal Team in all aspects of negotiation and management of contracts including inventory/media terms (for all digital media buying) with publishers & network partners. As a liaison with internal stakeholders, the Contracts Manager plays a critical role in balancing the workload of the Legal Team, helping internal stakeholders realize business objectives by understanding and adhering to process, assist GumGum in its compliance and risk management, and improve the overall efficiency of GumGum’s contracting process.
The Contracts Manager must have experience working with purchasing documents (order forms and insertion orders) and the terms and conditions that govern them, with an ability to push towards closure. They should have a solid understanding of the basic mechanics of contract formulation, contractual requirements, standard terms and provisions, including the advertising ecosystem and a desire to learn more as the industry evolves. The ideal candidate will have some prior negotiations experience, at a brand, ad exchange, or agency, as well as exposure to digital media buying.
Note: GumGum currently operates in a ‘work from home’ virtual environment with sporadic opportunities for in-person business and morale events (health guidelines permitting). There will not be any requirement to go into the office on a daily basis moving forward. GumGum is only open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and MN.
What You'll Achieve
- Manage, track, draft and negotiate commercial agreements with advertisers, ad agencies, ad exchanges, publishers, and vendors, e.g., MSAs, Insertion Orders (I/Os), SaaS Agreements, NDA, etc;
- Respond, and assist stakeholders in responding, to questionnaires and other inquiries from clients and partners;
- Manage and administer the current contract review request platform, while leading efforts to improve the existing system or find and adopt a new CLM solution;
- Assist and support counsels in review and negotiation of contracts and other legal matters;
- Provide ongoing training to all internal stakeholders on contracting requirements, company process, policies, and the use of contract lifecycle management tools;
- Manage, update, and maintain template repository including ongoing maintenance and development of a clause library and approval matrix to facilitate contract negotiations;
- Collaborate with and act as a helpful resource for GumGum stakeholders on contractual matters;
- Assess internal processes and identify areas of improvement;
- Perform all other tasks as required by the Legal Team
Skills You'll Bring
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of experience in an in-house legal team at an Adtech advertising agency or media company
- Contract management/administration experience at a digital advertising agency
- Contract negotiation and drafting experience
- Familiarity with agency operations and digital advertising business models
- Experience negotiating T&Cs with clients, media partners and other advertising vendors
- Excellent negotiation, drafting and communication skills with the ability to support cross-functional teams
- Ability to prioritize multiple negotiations and projects and work efficiently in a high-volume, impact-oriented environment
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines and strong follow through
- Communication and collaboration is at the forefront of how you operate, with a focus on making the complicated understandable; you have strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Eagerness and ability to learn and retain new substantive matters quickly
- Ability to juggle a high volume work-flow and adapt to shifting priorities
- Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
- Experience with Google Suite, as well as with technology tools commonly used to support commercial legal processes
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated problem solver; comfortable wearing different hats, many hats, and sometimes the hats of others.
- Strong interpersonal capabilities, ability to develop strong trust-based relationships with internal and external teams.
What We Offer
At GumGum, competitive base pay is a part of a total rewards package which also includes benefits, an emphasis on recognition, development, and wellness. The reasonable estimated base pay range for this role is from ($85,000 - $130,000) annually. The actual amount may be higher or lower. Individual compensation will vary based on factors including, but not limited to, relevant qualifications, work location, and labor market conditions.
The total rewards package offered also includes an employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan, and depending on the role, participation in a bonus, commission, or stock incentive program. Your recruiter can share more specifics during the hiring process. Learn more about our U.S. benefits & perks package at gumgum.com/benefits.
- BuiltIn #37 Best Places to Work 2023 across the United States
- BuiltinLA #7 Best Places to Work 2022
- BuiltinLA Best Places to Work 2021
- Ad Exchanger Programmatic Power Player 2022 and 2021
- Digiday Media Awards Europe finalist 2022 and 2021
GumGum is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. At GumGum, we believe in cultivating an environment where our team members can bring their authentic, whole selves to work. Encouraging identity and belonging is one of the many aspects of our culture that makes us stronger as an organization and drives innovation. We are committed to building and delivering a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workforce that is representative of the world around us, where all individuals are treated with respect and dignity - and to act swiftly if this value is ever threatened. We are constantly striving to be better, and we continue to take strategic steps to advance representation. - Phil Schraeder, CEO
Learn more about our DEIB programming at gumgum.com/deib
Follow us on our socials...
Instagram: @gumgum & @dogsofgumgum
Tweet us: @gumgum