Sales Director - Attention Intelligence Platform
GumGum is a contextual-first, global digital advertising platform that uses advanced AI technology to serve captivating creative ads that drive consumer attention, without the use of personal data. At GumGum, we don’t need to know who you are to deliver relevant and engaging ads that align with your active frame of mind. We believe that a digital advertising industry based on context rather than personal data builds a more equitable and less invasive future for the internet and is better for consumers, publishers and advertisers alike. Our blueprint for the future, The Mindset Matrix™, combines the power of context and creative in digital advertising to deliver superior attention and drive consumer action without sacrificing personal data.
To be a part of this next phase of digital advertising that prioritizes data privacy, please visit www.gumgum.com/careers
The Sales Director - AIP North America is responsible for the commercial success of GumGum/Playground XYZ's Attention Intelligence Platform (AIP) in the region, alongside a global team of attention experts. Sales Directors are enterprise level sellers who have experience and deep knowledge of the online media landscape, the advertising community and know how to navigate and manage the agency holding companies. They have both bottom-up and top-down stakeholder channels on the agency side and can drive our goal to become the preferred supplier in attention measurement and optimisation for these customers within the region.
The Sales Director will be highly connected within media agencies, a gifted orator, deeply knowledgeable about digital media and have a flair for enterprise selling. A self starter: driven and restless.
Sales Directors have the support and guidance of the Head of AIP Commercial, as well as a team of product, technology and customer success experts who will help you deliver significant contracts.
Note: GumGum/Playground XYZ currently operates in a ‘work from home’ virtual environment with sporadic opportunities for in-person business and morale events (health guidelines permitting). Although there will not be any requirement to go into the office on a daily basis moving forward, we need this hire to be in the greater NYC area.
What You'll Achieve
- Drive Revenue for AIP Product
- Drive the adoption of our attention measurement and optimization technology (AIP) in the North American Market
- Elicit test campaigns which lead to a successful signing of our Master Service Agreement and subsequent rollout of technology across the client/agency.
- Own the sales cycle from initial lead generation to deal close and then ongoing QBRs and contract renewals.
- Deliver on KPIs set around revenue targets based on actual usage of our technology
- Relationship Development
- Spread the word about the AIP offering to Media Agencies and Agency Trade Desks
- Cover a range of client roles from C-suite to traders and analysts and be able to communicate and educate those stakeholders appropriately
- Spend a lot of time in market delivering presentations and setting meetings to drive both education and adoption of attention and AIP
- Translate Client Insights to internal Product team
- As a new product in the market, provide feedback to the company on how to best service clients' needs.
- Internal collaboration
- Work with Customer Success and Product teams to ensure sold proposals are successfully implemented and aligned with client expectations
- Partner with GumGum Divisional Sales teams to collaborate on agency communication and sales strategies
Skills You'll Bring
- Formal education - BS/BA or equivalent in marketing, sales, business, technology or other related field
- 2+ years working exclusively in data sales to agencies.
- 7+ years in digital advertising overall
- Very good agency group contacts, from senior decision makers down to junior implementers
- Proven track record of hitting and exceeding targets
- Evidence of closing large, long term enterprise data partnerships
- Strong experience in building commercial propositions to meet client challenges
- Analytically sound person who understands the advertising measurement landscape
- Self starter, who wants to be on the fast track to success, is driven and restless to innovate
- Process-oriented, approachable operator known for exemplary cross departmental collaboration
- Understands the tech product GTM and commercial process
- Autonomous decision maker
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple competing tasks and demands and work under tight deadlines
- BuiltIn #37 Best Places to Work 2023 across the United States
- BuiltinLA #7 Best Places to Work 2022
- BuiltinLA Best Places to Work 2021
- Ad Exchanger Programmatic Power Player 2022 and 2021
- Digiday Media Awards Europe finalist 2022 and 2021
GumGum is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. At GumGum, we believe in cultivating an environment where our team members can bring their authentic, whole selves to work. Encouraging identity and belonging is one of the many aspects of our culture that makes us stronger as an organization and drives innovation. We are committed to building and delivering a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workforce that is representative of the world around us, where all individuals are treated with respect and dignity - and to act swiftly if this value is ever threatened. We are constantly striving to be better, and we continue to take strategic steps to advance representation. - Phil Schraeder, CEO
Learn more about our DEIB programming at gumgum.com/deib
Follow us on our socials...
Instagram: @gumgum & @dogsofgumgum
Tweet us: @gumgum