GumGum is a contextual-first, global digital advertising platform that uses advanced AI technology to serve captivating creative ads that drive consumer attention, without the use of personal data. At GumGum, we don’t need to know who you are to deliver relevant and engaging ads that align with your active frame of mind. We believe that a digital advertising industry based on context rather than personal data builds a more equitable and less invasive future for the internet and is better for consumers, publishers and advertisers alike. Our blueprint for the future, The Mindset Matrix™, combines the power of context and creative in digital advertising to deliver superior attention and drive consumer action without sacrificing personal data.
To be a part of this next phase of digital advertising that prioritizes data privacy, please visit www.gumgum.com/careers
The role involves working closely with the engineers, product manager and key stakeholders to plan and deliver on our roadmap initiatives. This role is required to keep excellent communication lines with the team to plan, discuss and solve all the technical challenges of the product. The role requires someone who understands frontend and backend architecture, strives to encourage team members and proactively improves the tech stack.
What You'll Achieve
- Facilitate and contribute to technical discussions to formulate scalable solutions with engineers in your team and other product teams
- Advocate for and grow the team’s efficiency in delivering ongoing technical improvements to the product and best practices relevant to the tech stack
- Understand the relevant code bases in depth and capable of providing valuable feedback in reviewing code changes
- Continuously create and update documentation for the overall product and the technical components that represent it
- Participate in technical rounds for any ongoing recruitment for the team
- Educate all engineers to keep them up to date with the tech stack and ensure engineers are aware of the technical challenges of new initiatives
- Work with Product and non-engineering stakeholders to identify, prioritise and develop new features and improvements for our products
- Help define technical requirements and breakdown into actionable tasks
- Take ownership of monitoring production environments and actioning ongoing support requests for the product from stakeholders
- Own team’s products fully and ensure priorities are met by their deadlines with appropriate testing in place. Unblock engineers if necessary.
- Learn our business and industry, and ensure the team has the context necessary to make decisions and understand priorities.
- Evaluate, interpret and understand browser and advertising system data points to prepare the data teams for further exploration, analysis and processing
- Actively participate in discussions to improve product data quality with product and non-engineering stakeholders
- Any additional ad-hoc tasks as required by the company
Skills You'll Bring
- B.S. in Computer Science preferred or equivalent experience
- At least 4-6 years of experience as a software engineer
- Worked with the following technologies: NodeJs, Redis, database systems, Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or another popular cloud platform
- Complete understanding of concepts such as: Authentication, Authorization, Caching, Unit testing and Integration testing. Able to evaluate and apply suitable options.
- A history of successfully shipping products into production environments
- Developed and maintained production level data applications that accounted for scalability, throttling and performance across Rest APIs and microservice architecture
- Built browser scripts to capture data points and subsequently ingest the data into a cloud environment (preferable)
- Understanding of the ad tech ecosystem (preferable)
- Knowledge of best practices that are relevant to the problem at hand. E.g. design patterns
- Core understanding of web applications, frontend architecture (including browser APIs), and backend data layer
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Data analysis and evaluation (preferable)
- Critical thinker, able to break down complex problems
- Organized, self-starter with proactive attitude
- Ability to independently manage workload
- Ability to work on multiple initiatives or projects at once
- Positive attitude towards teamwork and mentoring
- BuiltIn #37 Best Places to Work 2023 across the United States
- BuiltinLA #7 Best Places to Work 2022
- BuiltinLA Best Places to Work 2021
- Ad Exchanger Programmatic Power Player 2022 and 2021
- Digiday Media Awards Europe finalist 2022 and 2021
GumGum is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. At GumGum, we believe in cultivating an environment where our team members can bring their authentic, whole selves to work. Encouraging identity and belonging is one of the many aspects of our culture that makes us stronger as an organization and drives innovation. We are committed to building and delivering a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workforce that is representative of the world around us, where all individuals are treated with respect and dignity - and to act swiftly if this value is ever threatened. We are constantly striving to be better, and we continue to take strategic steps to advance representation. - Phil Schraeder, CEO
Learn more about our DEIB programming at gumgum.com/deib
Follow us on our socials...
Instagram: @gumgum & @dogsofgumgum
Tweet us: @gumgum