Manager, Account Manager - 12m Fixed Term Contract
GumGum is a contextual-first, global digital advertising platform that uses advanced AI technology to serve captivating creative ads that drive consumer attention, without the use of personal data. At GumGum, we don’t need to know who you are to deliver relevant and engaging ads that align with your active frame of mind. We believe that a digital advertising industry based on context rather than personal data builds a more equitable and less invasive future for the internet and is better for consumers, publishers and advertisers alike. Our blueprint for the future, The Mindset Matrix™, combines the power of context and creative in digital advertising to deliver superior attention and drive consumer action without sacrificing personal data.
To be a part of this next phase of digital advertising that prioritizes data privacy, please visit www.gumgum.com/careers
The Manager, Account Management UK is a leader in our Account Management team and leads the UK team that has a critical role in working directly with our advertising agency partners to execute campaigns to meet client targets. The role partners with our senior sales team to ensure the UK Account Management team successfully manage all aspects of campaigns to ensure they are performing above client expectations while updating, educating and building relationships with advertising users.
The Manager, Account Management UK ensures the Account Management team facilitates the management of all aspects of the campaign internally working with our design teams, the advertising operations team and our sellers while providing GumGum clients with an industry leading end-to-end experience. The role provides immediate supervision & guidance to Account Managers that have ownership of their own book of business. They address issues timely and effectively whilst giving constructive feedback to the team. They are also responsible for the day to day management of the team as well as work and campaign allocation. They are responsible for the continued development of team members, managing the performance review process and proactively giving constructive feedback to team members throughout the year.
This role is a 12 month fixed term contract position.
Note: GumGum currently operates in a ‘work from home’ virtual environment with sporadic opportunities for in-person business and morale events (health guidelines permitting). There will not be any requirement to go into the office on a daily basis moving forward.
What You'll Achieve
- Responsible for managing independent contributors who are each assigned up to 2-4 designated sellers
- Oversee and monitor regional and international campaigns across the AM department, ensuring AMs campaign details are organized and up-to-date
- Meet regularly with AdOps Managers & PSMs to ensure campaigns are performing to KPIs and help identify potential incremental opportunities
- Frequently connects with the regional and international sales teams to ensure client satisfaction remains as high as possible and turnaround times are being met
- Quarterly connect with product to help push along necessary enhancements across our internal systems, including general troubleshooting
- Meet weekly with other regional AM managers to go over outstanding questions, projects, concerns and general requests
- Bi-weekly or monthly connect with operational team leads regarding strategic partnerships between the wider operations team.
- Lead internal projects as outlined by the Director of Account Management, in line with business objectives.
- Collaborate with the Strategy Team to strategise and present compelling proposals for clients using internal research on a per-case basis.
- Maintain a constant focus on increasing revenue and collaborate closely with AdOps and PSMs to ensure we can capture incremental revenue
- Uncover fresh growth prospects within existing campaigns
- Provide feedback on internal processes and proactively provide recommendations on how to make the day-to-day of Account Managers more efficient
- Handles concerns promptly and efficiently (provides immediate feedback)
Skills You'll Bring
- BA/BS degree in Business (Advertising/Marketing) or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in the digital media field, preferably in online verticals - Account Management, Media Planning, Customer Service
- At least two - three years of team management experience, preferably in a leadership role within an Account Management function.
- Extreme attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate PowerPoint, Excel and Word skills
- Familiarity with Doubleclick, Comscore, Sizmek, MOAT, Integral Ad Science, Millward Brown, Salesforce, Nielsen, DoubleVerify and JIRA
- Proficient with online advertising terms, concepts, and revenue model
- Able to manage a variety of client needs while delivering on GumGum’s reputation for excellent customer service
- Diplomatically manage various stakeholders both internally and externally while delivering on client expectations
- Ability to balance competing demands in a high pressure environment to deliver on deadlines
- Possesses an advanced understanding of programmatic advertising
- Ability to tackle technically intricate problems through the utilisation of established processes and individual expertise.
- Collaborates with fellow managers in formulating group processes, strategies, and initiatives while also granting authorisation for their implementation.
- Highly self-motivated team manager, able to lead, coach and train team members
- Can receive feedback without being defensive and always seeks to learn more
- Self organized and proactive. Uses Initiative to go above and beyond and deliver on client needs
- Sets a positive tone and drives effective collaboration with all team members
What We Offer
- Learn about our benefits & perks package at gumgum.com/benefits. If you'd like additional information, your recruiter can share more specifics during the hiring process!
- BuiltIn #37 Best Places to Work 2023 across the United States
- BuiltinLA #7 Best Places to Work 2022
- BuiltinLA Best Places to Work 2021
- Ad Exchanger Programmatic Power Player 2022 and 2021
- Digiday Media Awards Europe finalist 2022 and 2021
GumGum is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. At GumGum, we believe in cultivating an environment where our team members can bring their authentic, whole selves to work. Encouraging identity and belonging is one of the many aspects of our culture that makes us stronger as an organization and drives innovation. We are committed to building and delivering a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workforce that is representative of the world around us, where all individuals are treated with respect and dignity - and to act swiftly if this value is ever threatened. We are constantly striving to be better, and we continue to take strategic steps to advance representation. - Phil Schraeder, CEO
Learn more about our DEIB programming at gumgum.com/deib
Follow us on our socials...
Instagram: @gumgum & @dogsofgumgum
Tweet us: @gumgum