Business Development Manager
GumGum is a contextual-first, global digital advertising platform that uses advanced AI technology to serve captivating creative ads that drive consumer attention, without the use of personal data. At GumGum, we don’t need to know who you are to deliver relevant and engaging ads that align with your active frame of mind. We believe that a digital advertising industry based on context rather than personal data builds a more equitable and less invasive future for the internet and is better for consumers, publishers and advertisers alike. Our blueprint for the future, The Mindset Matrix™, combines the power of context and creative in digital advertising to deliver superior attention and drive consumer action without sacrificing personal data.
To be a part of this next phase of digital advertising that prioritizes data privacy, please visit www.gumgum.com/careers
The Business Development Manager - New Zealand plays a critical role in the company's overall sales performance, as they are responsible for developing and executing strategies that drive revenue growth. The sales targets set for the role are designed to ensure that the company achieves its financial objectives and maintains its competitive position in the market.
The success of the Business Development Manager - New Zealand is measured by their ability to exceed sales targets, which requires a deep understanding of the digital advertising landscape, a keen awareness of market trends, and the ability to identify and develop new business opportunities.
The BDM must have excellent communication and negotiation skills to establish and maintain relationships with key agency partners. Through ongoing engagement with these partners, the BDM can ensure that the company's digital advertising products are represented effectively and that clients achieve their desired campaign outcomes.
The role of the Business Development Manager - New Zealand is critical because they are responsible for driving sales growth and evangelising the company's digital advertising products to agency partners. Their success in meeting sales targets is essential to the company's overall financial performance and maintaining a competitive edge in the market
What You'll Achieve
- Drive revenue for National Independent Agency team - Responsible for a book of business, driving revenue and new business for our national independent agency team. This role is responsible for prospecting and growing existing agency spend and securing new revenue opportunities across a variety of independent accounts in New Zealand.
- Upsell Current Clients in Current and New Products - Provide market insight into our product offerings by generating sales specifically from key brands and agencies.
- Sales Prospecting and Hunting - Expectation to generate a high volume of sales related activity including securing meetings, delivering presentations, sourcing RFP’s, and driving out of the box sales solutions.
- Execute on internal processes - Ensure all internal forecasting and reporting systems are kept up to date.
- Internal Collaboration - Work with internal teams across campaign management, production, design and supply to ensure sold campaigns are successfully implemented and aligned with client expectations.
- Relationship Development - Cultivate relationships with agency contacts and clients to gain deep insight into their business and ultimately provide solutions for their marketing and advertising goals.
- Translate Client Insight to internal Product Team - Provide feedback to the company on how to best service clients’ needs
Skills You'll Bring
- BA/BS degree in Business (Advertising/Marketing) or equivalent experience ideally
- 3+ years of experience in the digital media field, preferably in online verticals
- Amazingly deep agency contacts across New Zealand
- Will consider those from an agency background looking to move into a sales function
- Proven track record of hitting and exceeding targets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self starter, want to be on the fast track to success, driven, restless
- Can receive feedback without being defensive and always seeks to learn more
- Self organized and proactive. Uses Initiative to go above and beyond and deliver on client needs
- BuiltIn #37 Best Places to Work 2023 across the United States
- BuiltinLA #7 Best Places to Work 2022
- BuiltinLA Best Places to Work 2021
- Ad Exchanger Programmatic Power Player 2022 and 2021
- Digiday Media Awards Europe finalist 2022 and 2021
GumGum is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. At GumGum, we believe in cultivating an environment where our team members can bring their authentic, whole selves to work. Encouraging identity and belonging is one of the many aspects of our culture that makes us stronger as an organization and drives innovation. We are committed to building and delivering a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workforce that is representative of the world around us, where all individuals are treated with respect and dignity - and to act swiftly if this value is ever threatened. We are constantly striving to be better, and we continue to take strategic steps to advance representation. - Phil Schraeder, CEO
Learn more about our DEIB programming at gumgum.com/deib
Follow us on our socials...
Instagram: @gumgum & @dogsofgumgum
Tweet us: @gumgum