Full Stack Software Engineer II
GumGum is a contextual-first, global digital advertising platform that uses advanced AI technology to serve captivating creative ads that drive consumer attention, without the use of personal data. At GumGum, we don’t need to know who you are to deliver relevant and engaging ads that align with your active frame of mind. We believe that a digital advertising industry based on context rather than personal data builds a more equitable and less invasive future for the internet and is better for consumers, publishers and advertisers alike. Our blueprint for the future, The Mindset Matrix™, combines the power of context and creative in digital advertising to deliver superior attention and drive consumer action without sacrificing personal data.
To be a part of this next phase of digital advertising that prioritizes data privacy, please visit www.gumgum.com/careers
The Fullstack Software Engineer is a key member of our Verity™ Engineering team that sits within our Technology division. Reporting into the Manager of Engineer for Verity™, this role builds and maintains a variety of web applications used by both internal and external users. Verity™ is a proprietary GumGum-built service that exposes GumGum’s AI capabilities including Natural Language Processing and Computer Vision.
This Software Engineer will be available during US-based working hours to be the main point of contact for the development and maintenance of all Verity™ applications. This person will also play a pivotal role in primary Verity™-related initiatives for the whole company. As one of the biggest and most dynamic divisions within GumGum, you will be working in a team that prioritizes skill sharing, learning, and personal & professional growth.
Please note: There is a 5+ hours overlap of work required with the US west coast, preferably 9 am to 2 pm PST
What You'll Achieve
- Design, develop, and maintain new features and improvements for a variety of React web applications.
- Develop backend functionality with Python, AWS Services, and GraphQL.
- Implement tests and ensure proper functionality and graceful degradation on multiple browsers.
- Conduct comprehensive code reviews.
- Troubleshoot user reported issues from the team’s applications.
- Collaborate with a variety of teams including DevOps, Designers, and Product.
Skills You'll Bring
- Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field is a plus
- Candidate has shipped code to production is required
- 2+ years experience with React is required
- 2+ years experience with Python required
- AWS Cloud development experience desired
- Use of Git and command-line tools
- Solid understanding of Python
- Experience with Elasticsearch is a plus
- Comfortable using browser developer tools and build tools such as Vite
- Understanding of responsive design concepts and cross-browser compatibility
- Strong communication skills to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams including both technical and non-technical team members
- Strong critical and logical skills while also being able to “think outside the box” to come up with creative solutions to meet the project needs
- Attention to detail
- Self-starter who can take initiative and ability to independently manage workload
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Strong collaborative attitude, can execute individually but also operate as part of a distributed team
- Proactive in suggesting ideas and potential improvements
Benefits & Perks
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage including 100% premium coverage for employee + spouse/family
- Life Insurance, AD&D and TPD
- Retirement contributions
- Short-Term Disability and Short-Term Sickness
- Work From Home and Wellness Stipend
- Initial 12 Days PTO of vacation with 1 additional day per year up to a cap of 15 days + 5 sick day
- Summer Fridays from the 1st Friday of May through the 1st Friday in September
- Employee Assistance Program
- GumGum Gives Back volunteering/social impact opportunities
- Virtual and in-person company events/celebrations
- Anniversary recognition and awards
- Modern Family Support and Resources
- BuiltIn #37 Best Places to Work 2023 across the United States
- BuiltinLA #7 Best Places to Work 2022
- BuiltinLA Best Places to Work 2021
- Ad Exchanger Programmatic Power Player 2022 and 2021
- Digiday Media Awards Europe finalist 2022 and 2021
GumGum is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. At GumGum, we believe in cultivating an environment where our team members can bring their authentic, whole selves to work. Encouraging identity and belonging is one of the many aspects of our culture that makes us stronger as an organization and drives innovation. We are committed to building and delivering a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workforce that is representative of the world around us, where all individuals are treated with respect and dignity - and to act swiftly if this value is ever threatened. We are constantly striving to be better, and we continue to take strategic steps to advance representation. - Phil Schraeder, CEO
Learn more about our DEIB programming at gumgum.com/deib
Follow us on our socials...
Instagram: @gumgum & @dogsofgumgum
Tweet us: @gumgum