Ad Operations Specialist
GumGum is a contextual-first, global digital advertising platform that uses advanced AI technology to serve captivating creative ads that drive consumer attention, without the use of personal data. At GumGum, we don’t need to know who you are to deliver relevant and engaging ads that align with your active frame of mind. We believe that a digital advertising industry based on context rather than personal data builds a more equitable and less invasive future for the internet and is better for consumers, publishers and advertisers alike. Our blueprint for the future, The Mindset Matrix™, combines the power of context and creative in digital advertising to deliver superior attention and drive consumer action without sacrificing personal data.
To be a part of this next phase of digital advertising that prioritizes data privacy, please visit www.gumgum.com/careers
The Ad Operations Specialist is a functional role within the EMEA Operations Department ultimately responsible for managing EMEA GumGum’s clients’ advertising campaigns. This role works with mainly internal teams and occasionally external client stakeholders and therefore a successful AdOPS specialist needs to possess good organizational and communication skills as well as knowledge of ad technology.
The Adops specialist works closely with local Account Management Team and the PSM to ensure that the AdOps Team in EMEA is providing an industry leading campaign performance to GumGum’s Buyers, as well as identifying upsell opportunities and passing these along to client facing teams. Simultaneously, the AdOps specialist is expected to work with other internal teams (Client Strategy Team, Product/ Engineering, Design, Technical Solutions) in EMEA and the wider GumGum organization to lead and deliver a seamless campaign experience to GumGum clients.
Note: GumGum currently operates in a ‘work from home’ virtual environment with sporadic opportunities for in-person business and morale events (health guidelines permitting). There will not be any requirement to go into the office on a daily basis moving forward.
What You'll Achieve
- Campaign Management
- Setup, Monitor and Optimize campaigns to ensure the highest possible metrics while pacing campaigns accordingly.
- Validate supply availability for big campaigns to assure smooth delivery
- Communicate with the other teams to ensure the success of all campaigns and the satisfaction of the client.
- Provide end of campaign reports to Accounting and performance metric reports on the success of campaigns.
- Effectively use a variety of tracking/monitoring tools to ensure campaign brand safety and success
- Escalate difficult troubleshooting cases to the Team Lead or Senior manager, to try to find a solution as soon as possible
- Cross Functional Collaboration
- Work closely with the Account management team to translate campaign brief into best possible campaign setup
- Work closely with the Programmatic Solution Team to flag campaign issues or possible improvements
- Collaborate across multiple departments to analyze insights data and provide deliverables pre/mid/post-campaign
- Flag discrepancies, technical issues, and participate in a variety of testing to find solutions, in case of need
- Analytics and Efficiencies
- Analyze campaign data across the assigned markets and inform the team of relevant trends.
- Analyze campaign data across the assigned markets and flag to the Team lead or Sr Manager any issue in terms of performance, delivery or campaign execution.
- Work across campaigns and teams to develop efficiencies and new processes
- Team support, Knowledge sharing and training
- Be able to change the assigned market/region according to the team needs
- Share knowledge and best practices with the rest of the AdOps team
- Help the onboarding and training of new team members
Skills You'll Bring
- BA/BS degree in Business (Advertising/Marketing) or similar work experience
- 3-5 years of experience in the digital media field, preferably troubleshooting, optimizing and pacing campaigns.
- Experience operating independently, being detail-oriented, and delivering results in an organized manner
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Attention to detail
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to balance competing demands in a high pressure environment to deliver on deadlines
- Excellent PowerPoint, Excel and Word skills
- Good knowledge of online advertising terms, concepts, and revenue models
- High energy level and enthusiasm for digital technology
Perks & Benefits
- Medical Health Collective
- Employee Assistance Program
- Modern Family Support and Resources
- Pension Plan
- Short-Term and Long Term Disability
- Group Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance
- Local Business Travel Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Modern Family Support and Resources
- Office Commute Costs
- Phone Scheme (role dependent)
- Stock Incentive Program (role dependent)
- Wellness Scheme
- Initial 25 Days Paid Holidays for Full-Time employees, plus public holidays, plus 2 Global Company Holidays per year, plus tenure based holidays awarded up to 3 additional days
- 8% Holiday Pay
- GumGum Gives Back volunteering/social impact opportunities
- Virtual and in-person company events/celebrations
- Anniversary recognition and awards
- BuiltIn #37 Best Places to Work 2023 across the United States
- BuiltinLA #7 Best Places to Work 2022
- BuiltinLA Best Places to Work 2021
- Ad Exchanger Programmatic Power Player 2022 and 2021
- Digiday Media Awards Europe finalist 2022 and 2021
GumGum is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. At GumGum, we believe in cultivating an environment where our team members can bring their authentic, whole selves to work. Encouraging identity and belonging is one of the many aspects of our culture that makes us stronger as an organization and drives innovation. We are committed to building and delivering a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workforce that is representative of the world around us, where all individuals are treated with respect and dignity - and to act swiftly if this value is ever threatened. We are constantly striving to be better, and we continue to take strategic steps to advance representation. - Phil Schraeder, CEO
Learn more about our DEIB programming at gumgum.com/deib
Follow us on our socials...
Instagram: @gumgum & @dogsofgumgum
Tweet us: @gumgum