GumGum is a contextual-first, global digital advertising platform that uses advanced AI technology to serve captivating creative ads that drive consumer attention, without the use of personal data. At GumGum, we don’t need to know who you are to deliver relevant and engaging ads that align with your active frame of mind. We believe that a digital advertising industry based on context rather than personal data builds a more equitable and less invasive future for the internet and is better for consumers, publishers and advertisers alike. Our blueprint for the future, The Mindset Matrix™, combines the power of context and creative in digital advertising to deliver superior attention and drive consumer action without sacrificing personal data.
To be a part of this next phase of digital advertising that prioritizes data privacy, please visit www.gumgum.com/careers
The Digital Manager is an individual contributor role responsible for prospecting and closing sales in GumGum’s Market Leading Advertising platform. Reporting to the Sales Director, Netherlands, this role is responsible for leading and developing key relationships and strategy across key media agencies and advertisers in the Netherlands. We expect the successful candidate to drive value for our clients through GumGum products & have extensive contacts across the industry
The Digital Manager is a self-motivated individual who can work with internal teams and are committed to achieving and exceeding sales goals while growing GumGum’s products in their allocated region. We are looking for candidates with 3+ year’s experience in Digital Sales or Media Agency side.
Note: GumGum currently operates in a ‘work from home’ virtual environment with sporadic opportunities for in-person business and morale events (health guidelines permitting). There will not be any requirement to go into the office on a daily basis moving forward.
What You'll Achieve
- Revenue Driven Action - Responsible for a significant media agency patch
- Sales Prospecting and Hunting – This individual is expected to increase output from existing clients through developing relationships whilst also identifying new prospects. Actively engaging these opportunities and driving new revenue.
- Expectation to generate a high volume of sales related activity including presentations, RFP’s, and innovative sales solutions
- Upsell current clients in current and new products - Provide deep market insights into contextual and rich media. Showcasing the value of this mix to our clients and gaining test opportunities with additional products including rich media, contextual data or video
- Relationship Development - Cultivate relationships with brands, agency contacts and clients to gain deep insight into their business and ultimately provide GumGum solutions for their marketing and advertising goals.
- Translate Client Insight to internal Product Team - Provide thorough and prompt feedback to the company on how to best service clients’ needs
- Internal Collaboration - Work with designated Account Manager and other internal teams to ensure sold proposals are successfully implemented and aligned with client expectations in a timely manner.
- Strategic Sales - Support the Sales Director in developing, managing and executing strategic sales opportunities
Skills You'll Bring
- 3 years of solid selling experience in digital advertising sales (required sales in our specific industry whether publisher or tech sales)
- Must have strong selling experience and a track record of hitting or exceeding sales targets.
- Experience in both Managed Service and Programmatic solutions.
- Strong reputation across the industry and an amazing list of contacts.
- PowerPoint, Excel and Word skills
- Must possess superb written and verbal communication skills
- Strong and strategic relationship within media agencies
- Attention to detail and organization in daily tasks
- Looking for someone who is eager, motivated and passionate about GumGum’s products
- Extraverted in nature and can build and maintain/grow client relationships at all levels (entertaining is required)
- Proactive not reactive in approach with a strategic mindset
- Flexible and have the ability to adjust quickly to changing demands or strategies
- Is open and welcoming of change and innovation
- Continue to grow and embrace both GumGum and industry knowledge
- Must be a highly motivated team player
Perks & Benefits
- Medical Health Collective
- Employee Assistance Program
- Modern Family Support and Resources
- Pension Plan
- Short-Term and Long Term Disability
- Group Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance
- Local Business Travel Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Modern Family Support and Resources
- Office Commute Costs
- Phone Scheme (role dependent)
- Stock Incentive Program (role dependent)
- Wellness Scheme
- Initial 25 Days Paid Holidays for Full-Time employees, plus public holidays, plus 2 Global Company Holidays per year, plus tenure based holidays awarded up to 3 additional days
- Summer Fridays from the 1st Friday of May through the last Friday in September
- 8% Holiday Pay
- GumGum Gives Back volunteering/social impact opportunities
- Virtual and in-person company events/celebrations
- Anniversary recognition and awards
- BuiltIn #37 Best Places to Work 2023 across the United States
- BuiltinLA #7 Best Places to Work 2022
- BuiltinLA Best Places to Work 2021
- Ad Exchanger Programmatic Power Player 2022 and 2021
- Digiday Media Awards Europe finalist 2022 and 2021
GumGum is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. At GumGum, we believe in cultivating an environment where our team members can bring their authentic, whole selves to work. Encouraging identity and belonging is one of the many aspects of our culture that makes us stronger as an organization and drives innovation. We are committed to building and delivering a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workforce that is representative of the world around us, where all individuals are treated with respect and dignity - and to act swiftly if this value is ever threatened. We are constantly striving to be better, and we continue to take strategic steps to advance representation. - Phil Schraeder, CEO
Learn more about our DEIB programming at gumgum.com/deib
Follow us on our socials...
Instagram: @gumgum & @dogsofgumgum
Tweet us: @gumgum