Senior Benefits Specialist
About the Team
Our People Team is key to the growth of GOAT Group as the company continues to expand globally. Through our innovative programs and data-driven strategies, the company is committed to building a culture that is inclusive, cooperative and motivating. As a member of this team, you will play an indispensable part in our company's future by matching talent to the right roles as well as cultivating an environment in which all of our employees – across our warehouses, Flight Club retail stores and corporate teams – are able to thrive.
GOAT Group is seeking a Senior Benefits Specialist who will be responsible for planning and executing the day-to-day operations of the company’s benefits programs in addition to being the main contact and administrator for leaves of absences.
In this role, you will:
- Manage and administer all aspects of employee benefits programs, including but not limited to 401(k), medical, dental, vision, FSA, disability, life insurance and accidental death policies
- Respond to employee questions related to claims issues, plan eligibility, and life event changes
- Support the open enrollment process, including HRIS setup/configuration, employee communications, conducting system testing, and answering employee questions
- Manage monthly benefit invoicing including reconciling to ensure accuracy of payments made
- Prepare and file required government reports, such as Form 5500 and ACA reporting
- Regularly conduct benefit audits, and review benefits’ file errors to correct issues as needed
- Conduct bi-weekly payroll audits to ensure all benefit deductions are appropriately deducted from employee paychecks; partner with the payroll team to resolve discrepancies
- Monitor Evidence of Insurability form status and update approved coverages
- Manage leave of absence program, partnering with HR Business Partners and legal as necessary in addition to continuously improving the process
- Partner with internal immigration point of contact as needed for visa transfers & renewals, LCA postings, and maintaining PAFs
- Assist with and/or manage implementing new benefit programs and suggest changes to current programs
- Create standard operating procedure documents for Benefit programs
- Coordinate regular on-site/virtual benefits education sessions
- Develop and deliver communication materials and educational resources to help employees understand their benefits and wellness options
- Other benefits support as needed
We are looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in Human Resources with knowledge of benefits plan general structure along with employee leave administration
- Knowledge of Federal and State governing regulations including FMLA, ADA, ACA, ERISA, IRS §125 Cafeteria Plans, HIPAA, and experience administering benefits plans
- Ability to efficiently perform several tasks concurrently and work independently in a deadline driven environment
- Ability to problem solve complex benefits and leave of absence issues
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with UKG/PlanSource is a plus
- Global benefits experience is a plus
GOAT Group represents the leading platforms for authentic sneakers, apparel and accessories. Operating four distinct brands–GOAT, Flight Club, Grailed and alias–GOAT Group has a global community of over 50M members across 170 countries.
GOAT is the global platform for the greatest products from the past, present and future. Since its founding in 2015, GOAT has become the leading and most trusted sneaker marketplace in the world, and has expanded to offer apparel and accessories from select emerging, contemporary and iconic brands. Through its unique positioning between the primary and resale markets, the company offers styles across various time periods on its digital platforms and in its retail locations, while delivering products to over 50 million members across 170 countries.
Established in New York City over 15 years ago, Flight Club revolutionized sneaker retail as the original consignment store for rare shoes. Carrying the rarest exclusives and collectible sneakers, Flight Club has evolved from a one-stop sneaker destination, to a cultural hub for sneaker enthusiasts and novices alike. With three brick-and-mortar locations in New York City, Los Angeles and Miami, Flight Club remains the premier source for authentic, rare sneakers.
Founded in 2013, Grailed is the leading community-driven marketplace for rare luxury, streetwear and vintage fashion. The marketplace was built for enthusiasts, by enthusiasts, and features products from brands including Supreme, Raf Simons, Gucci, Saint Laurent, Balenciaga, Prada and more. With a highly curated selection of resale pieces including inventory exclusive to the platform, Grailed makes fashion accessible.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including Park West Asset Management, T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc., Franklin Templeton, Adage Capital Management, Ulysses Management, D1 Capital Partners, Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable. By applying, you authorize GOAT Group to send you text messages regarding your job application, interview and/or onboarding process, and other job opportunities at GOAT Group. If you are a California resident, please review our California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants. If you are an EU or UK resident, please review our EU / UK Candidate & Employee Privacy Notice.