Senior Product Designer
As a Senior Product Designer at Grailed, you will work as an embedded cross-functional partner within a product development squad, comprising one-third of the leadership “trio” for the squad. You will co-lead the conception and execution of your team’s product roadmap and shape the experiences for our over one million weekly users, and counting.
You will work collaboratively and lead all conversations about user experience within your squad. You’ll actively unpack user problems by leveraging your discovery toolkit to better understand them. You'll take this understanding of user needs and balance it with our business objectives to rigorously explore a range of solutions, clearly communicating the trade-offs for the approaches being evaluated. You'll listen empathetically to the inputs of your partners and stakeholders while channelling the voice of our users. You'll craft experiences worthy of our users’ high taste levels.
Cross-functional product development environments demand a strong design voice. Only you will have primary focus on channelling our users’ voices and visualizing solutions that are fueled by them. These should be your superpowers.
While Product Design at Grailed is decentralized in practice, it is centralized in spirit. We believe that designers work best in environments where focused discourse about Design occurs with fellow designers. Despite frequent collaboration with your Engineering and Product counterparts, you’ll help to unify our Design team perspective through jamming, charrettes, and critiques.
In this role you will:
- Wield your power to visualize solutions to user problems in a way that ignites and inspires your XFN partners to take action by prioritizing and developing said solutions
- Help shape your team’s roadmap by understanding and advocating for the needs of our buyers and sellers
- Make people-centered design decisions informed by data and user research
- Validate and test hypotheses by continuously conducting lightweight research directly with buyers and sellers
- Create comprehensive mobile solutions to customer problems that deliver meaningful value to our customers and material impact for the business
- Collaborate with a range of roles: Product, Engineering, Research, Customer Support, Brand Design and Marketing, Analytics
- Work with other designers across Grailed to seek and provide honest, thoughtful feedback, and mentor other designers
- Elevate Product Design across our company through communication, facilitative collaboration and demonstration of design rigor
We are looking for:
- Have 5+ years of product design experience.
- Have 3+ years of native app design experience (iOS + Android).
- Mastered communicating design decisions and processes openly, clearly, and confidently, regardless of the audience—engineers, PMs, executives, other designers, partners, etc.
- Deeply understands native patterns and is excited to develop and expand our native patterns to ensure a cohesive and branded product experience.
- Advocate for the importance of solving real customer problems, and has partnered with research teams—or better yet, led research—to validate and inform product thinking.
- HCD (Human Centered Design) experience and uses qualitative research and quantitative analysis to inform design decisions and product strategies.
- Delight in creating sketches, prototypes, research plans, and experiments to validate ideas and opinions.
- Ability to make trade-offs between business objectives and design needs
- Can develop good decision frameworks on choosing between designs/ making choices/ trade-offs
- Experience with B2B or internal tools is a plus
GOAT Group represents the leading platforms for authentic sneakers, apparel and accessories. Operating four distinct brands–GOAT, Flight Club, Grailed and alias–GOAT Group has a global community of over 50M members across 170 countries.
GOAT is the global platform for the greatest products from the past, present and future. Since its founding in 2015, GOAT has become the leading and most trusted sneaker marketplace in the world, and has expanded to offer apparel and accessories from select emerging, contemporary and iconic brands. Through its unique positioning between the primary and resale markets, the company offers styles across various time periods on its digital platforms and in its retail locations, while delivering products to over 50 million members across 170 countries.
Established in New York City over 15 years ago, Flight Club revolutionized sneaker retail as the original consignment store for rare shoes. Carrying the rarest exclusives and collectible sneakers, Flight Club has evolved from a one-stop sneaker destination, to a cultural hub for sneaker enthusiasts and novices alike. With three brick-and-mortar locations in New York City, Los Angeles and Miami, Flight Club remains the premier source for authentic, rare sneakers.
Founded in 2013, Grailed is the leading community-driven marketplace for rare luxury, streetwear and vintage fashion. The marketplace was built for enthusiasts, by enthusiasts, and features products from brands including Supreme, Raf Simons, Gucci, Saint Laurent, Balenciaga, Prada and more. With a highly curated selection of resale pieces including inventory exclusive to the platform, Grailed makes fashion accessible.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including Park West Asset Management, T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc., Franklin Templeton, Adage Capital Management, Ulysses Management, D1 Capital Partners, Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable. By applying, you authorize GOAT Group to send you text messages regarding your job application, interview and/or onboarding process, and other job opportunities at GOAT Group. If you are a California resident, please review our California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants. If you are an EU or UK resident, please review our EU / UK Candidate & Employee Privacy Notice.