Operation Supervisor (Warehouse) - Shah Alam, Malaysia
About the Team
The Operations team manages our worldwide distribution network and is responsible for authenticating our sneakers, fulfilling orders and ensuring on-time delivery to buyers. Through our technological innovation and logistical efficiency, you will join a team that prides itself on being the most trusted marketplace in the industry while shipping and processing tens of millions of products for our global buyers and sellers.
The Operations Supervisor is responsible for managing the daily warehouse and fulfillment activities for our facility based in Kuala Lumpur, Shah Alam. The ideal candidate will be responsible for promoting a safe work environment, leading and managing a team of associates, ensuring the best implementation of warehouse and logistics operations, and driving continuous improvements to increase efficiency and reduce costs. Other key responsibilities include resolving delays and issues, engaging in cost-benefit analyses, collecting and analyzing data, and aligning operations with the company's goals.
In this role, you will:
- Promote a strong safety culture and healthy work environment by ensuring adherence to safety regulations and creating a safe work environment for all employees.
- Lead, manage and cross-train a team of associates and service providers to ensure high productivity and quality of work.
- Responsible for planning efficient layout, space, and storage capacities to maximize productivity, accessibility and operations.
- Ensure the best implementation of operations in inbound, inventory, verification, outbound, return, fulfillment, and logistics, utilizing best practices and continuous improvement methods.
- Work with multiple departments to resolve potential delays, slippages and issues, ensuring smooth and efficient operations.
- Spearhead continuous improvements to increase efficiency, quality, and reduce costs by implementing new processes and training programs.
- Engage in cost-benefit analyses to obtain the best prices for materials and oversee production methods to optimize output to peak efficiency levels.
- Regularly monitor expenses, diminishing spend where possible if necessary to stay on budget.
- Collect, report data and analyze trends and behaviors that will allow the organization to improve handling flow and customer experience.
- Set the tone of the leadership team with a calm, positive, focused and forward motion leadership style in a high pressure, fast work environment with consistent changes.
- Be knowledgeable of the company's goals and align operations to support them
- Perform other duties as assigned by the management team.
We are looking for:
- Have minimum 5 years of cumulative experience in a supervisory role preferably within the warehouse management / logistics operations / e-commerce / retail or other similar sector.
- Problem-solving skills to ensure smooth and efficient operations.
- Knowledge of best practices in warehouse and logistics operations and the ability to implement and improve them.
- Continuous improvement mindset to increase efficiency, quality, and reduce costs
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with multiple departments, vendors, and customers.
- Proficient in using warehouse management systems and data analytics tools.
- Must have physical stamina and ability to lift heavy items.
- Flexible to work extended hours, including weekends and holidays, as needed to meet business requirements.
GOAT Group represents the leading platforms for authentic sneakers, apparel and accessories. Operating four distinct brands–GOAT, Flight Club, Grailed and alias–GOAT Group has a global community of over 50M members across 170 countries.
GOAT is the global platform for the greatest products from the past, present and future. Since its founding in 2015, GOAT has become the leading and most trusted sneaker marketplace in the world, and has expanded to offer apparel and accessories from select emerging, contemporary and iconic brands. Through its unique positioning between the primary and resale markets, the company offers styles across various time periods on its digital platforms and in its retail locations, while delivering products to over 50 million members across 170 countries.
Established in New York City over 15 years ago, Flight Club revolutionized sneaker retail as the original consignment store for rare shoes. Carrying the rarest exclusives and collectible sneakers, Flight Club has evolved from a one-stop sneaker destination, to a cultural hub for sneaker enthusiasts and novices alike. With three brick-and-mortar locations in New York City, Los Angeles and Miami, Flight Club remains the premier source for authentic, rare sneakers.
Founded in 2013, Grailed is the leading community-driven marketplace for rare luxury, streetwear and vintage fashion. The marketplace was built for enthusiasts, by enthusiasts, and features products from brands including Supreme, Raf Simons, Gucci, Saint Laurent, Balenciaga, Prada and more. With a highly curated selection of resale pieces including inventory exclusive to the platform, Grailed makes fashion accessible.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including Park West Asset Management, T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc., Franklin Templeton, Adage Capital Management, Ulysses Management, D1 Capital Partners, Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable. If you are a California resident, please review our California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants.
If you are an EU or UK resident, please review our EU / UK Candidate & Employee Privacy Notice.
Something looks off?