Assistant Manager, Sales - Flight Club - NYC
About the Team
At Flight Club, we hope to bring our values to life through the passion of our employees. Established in New York City over 15 years ago, Flight Club revolutionized sneaker retail as the original consignment store for rare shoes. Carrying the rarest exclusives and collectible sneakers, Flight Club has evolved from a one-stop sneaker destination, to a cultural hub for sneaker enthusiasts and novices alike. With three brick-and-mortar locations in New York City, Los Angeles and Miami, Flight Club remains the premier source for authentic, rare sneakers.
In this role, you will:
- Monitor all sales activities of the store to ensure retail income and sales objectives are met
- Display expert knowledge of product, company history, company policies and procedures
- Develop associates by providing clear, motivating and constructive performance feedback in a timely manner
- Promote and cultivate an environment that is focused on consistently delivering exceptionally positive client service
- Assist in meeting payroll goals by ensuring appropriate floor coverage and maintaining a selling focus, scheduling staff appropriately
- Create an environment that encourages the development of managers and associates; provide challenging assignments and opportunities for management development
- Recognize associates for their performance and service
- Maintain an extremely high standard of presentation and service
- Communicate feedback based on business needs not wants
- Communicates trends and competition activity to Flight Club leadership
- Continuously drives the business by analyzing key financial data, monitoring operating efficiencies and identifying business trends / opportunities
- Achieve sales goals on a consistent basis
We are looking for:
- 2+ years of sales and / or retail management experience
- Love and passion for sneakers and streetwear is a must!
- Strong sales and business acumen
- Effective oral and written communication
- Proven organizational and time management skills
- Team building and management proficiencies
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Analytical and computer proficient
- Detail oriented
- Flexibility to work non-traditional hours including evenings and weekends
GOAT Group represents the leading platforms for authentic sneakers, apparel and accessories. Operating four distinct brands–GOAT, Flight Club, Grailed and alias–GOAT Group has a global community of over 50M members across 170 countries.
GOAT is the global platform for the greatest products from the past, present and future. Since its founding in 2015, GOAT has become the leading and most trusted sneaker marketplace in the world, and has expanded to offer apparel and accessories from select emerging, contemporary and iconic brands. Through its unique positioning between the primary and resale markets, the company offers styles across various time periods on its digital platforms and in its retail locations, while delivering products to over 50 million members across 170 countries.
Established in New York City over 15 years ago, Flight Club revolutionized sneaker retail as the original consignment store for rare shoes. Carrying the rarest exclusives and collectible sneakers, Flight Club has evolved from a one-stop sneaker destination, to a cultural hub for sneaker enthusiasts and novices alike. With three brick-and-mortar locations in New York City, Los Angeles and Miami, Flight Club remains the premier source for authentic, rare sneakers.
Founded in 2013, Grailed is the leading community-driven marketplace for rare luxury, streetwear and vintage fashion. The marketplace was built for enthusiasts, by enthusiasts, and features products from brands including Supreme, Raf Simons, Gucci, Saint Laurent, Balenciaga, Prada and more. With a highly curated selection of resale pieces including inventory exclusive to the platform, Grailed makes fashion accessible.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including Park West Asset Management, T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc., Franklin Templeton, Adage Capital Management, Ulysses Management, D1 Capital Partners, Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable. By applying, you authorize GOAT Group to send you text messages regarding your job application, interview and/or onboarding process, and other job opportunities at GOAT Group. If you are a California resident, please review our California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants. If you are an EU or UK resident, please review our EU / UK Candidate & Employee Privacy Notice.