Partner Marketing Manager
Marketing & Communications, Sales & Business Development
Los Angeles, CA, USA · Remote
Posted on Wednesday, March 1, 2023
Are you looking for an opportunity to be a part of a team that is driving significant business results through relationship building and partner marketing?
ChowNow’s partnership program is designed to connect businesses in the restaurant space with the idea that together we can build a better, fairer solution for restaurants. We're looking for an experienced Marketing Manager to build from the ground up an innovative partner marketing program that will be central to the rapid expansion of our partner relationships and growth of our business.
ChowNow’s mission is to be the leading North American platform connecting diners and independent restaurants for at-home dining. The ChowNow Platform continues to grow its product offerings and bring restaurants and diners closer together. Our marketplace provides commission-free ordering for restaurants nationwide and diners with an ever-growing selection of independent restaurants. Our demand network provides diners with the ability to order where they’re already online, including Google, Yelp, AppleMaps, Instagram, and many others. And our white-labeled online ordering system provides restaurants with a branded experience for diners on their website and their own iOS and Android apps for a reasonable monthly fee regardless of order volume. To date, we’ve created over 20,000 apps for our restaurant partners – something that’s never been done before in our category. We operate this way because of our belief in being fair, sustainable, and equitable with our restaurant partners and the same goes for our culture.
Diversity, teamwork, and mutual respect are among our core company values. We pride ourselves on giving our teams plenty of opportunities to make their mark.
Join us and help ensure ChowNow becomes the diner’s first choice for socially responsible online ordering. Together we can preserve neighborhood flavor, one restaurant at a time.
About the Position:
The Partnership Marketing Manager (B2B) will build and execute strategies to drive restaurant acquisition and retention via 3rd party partnerships (US Foods, Square, Toast, etc.). You will tell the ChowNow story to new and varied audiences, driving brand awareness and business growth via product positioning, messaging, and co-marketing strategies. You will work closely with our partners to build scalable programs from the ground up, and optimize workflows to help a select, powerfully leveraged team drive big business outcomes.
Reports to the Senior Director, B2B Growth Marketing. No direct reports
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
You put restaurants first. You deeply understand the importance of local restaurants and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to help them not only survive but thrive.
You celebrate diversity. You recognize that diversity and inclusivity matter. You’re committed to progress, which means everyone gets the support and resources they need, no matter who they are. You have an ability to listen to other team members' ideas and can thrive in an environment that embraces individuality. Everyone’s voice counts.
You raise your hand. You consistently go above and beyond what is asked of you. You help your peers accomplish their tasks while also excelling at accomplishing your own. When you have a smart idea, you raise your hand and share it.
You keep reaching. You set clear ambitious goals. You don’t allow yourself to become complacent with where you’re at and what you’ve done, so you seek out new opportunities and challenges.
Specifically you will:
- Build partner marketing and reseller strategies from the ground up, with the goal of driving adoption and retention for ChowNow’s suite of restaurant products (Marketplace, Direct, and Order Better Network)
- Tell the story of ChowNow to new audiences: build bespoke and relevant sales and marketing materials that can be leveraged cross-functionally to drive partnership goals
- Own marketing relationship with outside partners, ideating and executing co-marketing initiatives that mutually support partnership objectives
- Develop a playbook of marketing strategies and tactics for various partner types, sizes and opportunities.
- Develop monthly marketing plan for partners, and coordinate with broader marketing and cross-functional teams to execute
- Partner with partnerships, sales, product marketing, growth, and brand/communications teams to align on strategy, evaluate performance, and ensure consistent positioning and messaging across all touch-points
- Work with XFN teams to build the best end to end experience for clients coming through partners. This may include creating reseller specific messaging frameworks, partnering with Onboarding to add additional touchpoints, or working with product teams to automate sign-up processes
- Work with external partners on media trades and opportunities for exposure
- Measure, analyze, and optimize campaign performance, testing new messages, strategies, and promotions to optimize conversions
- Measure lifetime value of clients acquired through Partner channel and partner with finance to adjust financial models appropriately.
Within 30 Days You’ll:
- Progress through our Ramp Camp (ChowNow’s New Hire Onboarding Experience)
- Meet and begin building relationships with ChowNow’s sales representatives, partnership representatives, success representatives, support representatives and more
- Familiarize yourself with our marketing recipes for success – how we set up campaigns, best practices, and more.
Within 60 Days You’ll:
- Dive deep into existing partner workstreams and existing assets –compiling opportunities for optimization.
- Participate in ride-alongs with partnerships team members to understand ChowNow’s referral and resell partnership structures, value propositions and process
- Own an end-to-end seasonal campaign targeting partner sales teams
- Build partner campaign specific reporting and analyze past performance for key opportunities.
Within 90 Days You’ll:
- Present a Partner marketing strategy for both resell and referral partners to internal stakeholders
- Identify a list of needs and partner with XFN stakeholders to unblock (i.e. tools, creative assets, etc.)
- Implement optimizations across existing and new campaigns iterating based on success metrics.
You Should Apply If:
- You have 3-5 years of experience in B2B partner marketing with a consistent track record of delivering measurable results
- You have familiarity with Marketo and Salesforce and other CRM technology and tools preferred
- You have an understanding of essential performance drivers (i.e. channel mix, campaigns, etc.) and experience turning insights into successful tactics
- You have an understanding of micro/small businesses, their drivers and motivations (esp. restaurants)
- You have experience designing success metrics (i.e. # of launched partners, % TAM penetration, etc.) and partnering with data teams to build effective reporting.
- You have experience designing and implementing A/B, holdout and multivariate tests
- You have experience developing actionable creative briefs and providing constructive feedback on creative work
- You have a proven track record of collaborating cross-functionally to accomplish objectives
About Our Benefits:
- Expected base salary: $115,000 - $125,000
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities.
- A "Best Place to Work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Mental Health Coverage - we offer several programs to support your mental health and wellness goals.
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 7 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 8 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave.
- 401(k) Matching
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program.
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan.
- Pet insurance for your fur babies
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series.
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion).
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly.
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable.
As one of ChowNow’s core values, “Celebrates Diversity”, we are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Read here about your California privacy rights.
See more open positions at ChowNow
Something looks off?