Director, Product Design
FabFitFun is looking for a hands-on, highly creative, Product Design leader who is deeply passionate about creating delightful, innovative e-Commerce experiences and excited by the prospect of leading design transformation in a fast-moving startup environment. This role will report to our SVP, Marketing and play a pivotal role in defining FabFitFun’s future brand strategy and product vision. A must - an open mind, an innate knack for customer psychology, and a penchant for action.
Location: This role will be based out of our HQ in Los Angeles where we are operating from a hybrid model of 3 days a week in-office.
What You'll Do:
UI Design / Design Evangelist
- Represents design expertise at a company level & is able to influence design best practices across stakeholders
- Proactively seeks to ensure brand is considered and represented across digital customer experiences
- Constantly seeking low hanging fruit opportunities to infuse delight, and able to rally teams around design stretch goals
- Responsible for developing, maintaining and evangelizing a central design workflow and design system library that ensures latest design thinking can scale
- Works to maximize adoption of design & brand principles by integrating into systems/processes and evangelizing best practices across teams
- Challenges the grain by encouraging creativity & innovation within the design system, while maintaining cohesion and consistency
- Able to identify the fastest and most scalable path for design evolution, understanding where to iterate and where to overhaul
UX Best Practices / UX Research
- Identifies strategic user research initiatives to support Product roadmap & vision
- Able to interpret results, frame options, decision choices, and facilitate constructive tradeoffs to drive customer and business outcomes
- Proactively defines UX benchmarks for the team and is able to articulate how they correlate with customers' needs & expectations; considers industry benchmarks & standards of excellence
- Able to efficiently & effectively rally team to meet defined benchmarks
What You'll Bring:
- 8+ years of experience designing interfaces for web, mobile web, and mobile apps, especially in e-Commerce or subscription based consumer businesses
- 5+ years managing people / leading a team preferred
- Experience leading design transformation at highly cross-functional, fast-paced organizations is a plus!
- Skills and understanding of UX, UI, usability and interaction design (UI Design, Prototyping, Wireframing), as well as visual design and communication (Typography, Color Theory, Hierarchy, Layout)
- Effective communication skills, with the ability to articulate design decisions, collect feedback, and collaborate with others
- Solid foundational understanding of responsive web design and how to design for it
- Must be savvy with research validation methodologies (Quantitative and qualitative)
- Proficiency in design tools, specifically Figma and Photoshop
- Portfolio demonstrating strong UI / Visual design experience
The expected base salary range for this position is $180K - $200K. The compensation package will also include an initial equity grant, bonus, in addition to a range of generous medical, dental, vision and other perks & benefits.
Compensation decisions are determined using a variety of job-related factors such as skill set, geographic location, market demands, experience, and education / certifications. If we extend an offer for employment, we will consider all individual qualifications.
What You'll Get! The Benefits & Perks of FabFitFun...
- Uncapped / Generous PTO
- Medical, Dental & Vision with competitive coverage options and plans
- 401K & 401K Match
- Pet insurance for any FFF furry friends via Nationwide - covers 90% expenses
- Complimentary annual FFF subscription with seasonal $25 credit for e-commerce flash sales
- Donation matching program via BrightFunds, where the company matches up to $500 charitable donations per employee
- HQ Perks: Paid parking, weekly catered lunch, cold brew & kombucha on tap, additional snacks & beverages
Your information will be handled in accordance with our Workforce Member Privacy Notice: https://legal.fabfitfun.com/#workforce-member-privacy-notice