Our Merchandising team is expanding! As we continue to evolve as a premiere Women's lifestyle membership and shopping club, we are constantly trying to push the needle and find the latest and greatest products for our engaged members. We are looking to grow our reach within the beauty vertical and seeking a Buyer, Beauty to build out the category for our cult-favorite seasonal subscription box and corresponding e-Commerce flash sales. This person will be at the cutting edge of the latest beauty trends, products, and brands with a proven track record of negotiating and finalizing complex deals.
This position is based out of our HQ in West Hollywood, CA and is not eligible for remote. We are currently operating from a hybrid office model, where this role will be required to work onsite 3 days a week.
- Develop and manage tier 1 & 2 new and existing beauty brand partnerships.
- Source and buy products according to line plan, ensuring you are meeting financial goals while maintaining a well balanced assortment
- Leverage existing relationships to pitch and onboard top tier beauty brands, building long-term relationships to bring the best product assortment to our members and accelerate our e-commerce revenue growth
- Negotiate and execute vendor agreements working cross functionally with Operations, Legal, Marketing, Production, and Merch Planning/Strategy
- Consistently solves complex problems within subcategory and displays ability to evaluate scenarios & solutions prior to bringing to Director/Senior Buyer
- Work with senior cross-functional leaders to ensure beauty strategies are created and are executed
- Partners with Senior Buyer to review hindsight business analysis after corresponding sales/Box seasons to ensure learnings & new opportunities are clear and actionable for team
- Conduct competitive marketplace analysis to assess and create business opportunities
- 4-5 years of buying or merchandising experience within a product-focused beauty company
- Experience managing 75+ active brand conversations at one time
- Bachelor’s degree in Merchandising, Business, or a related field
- Experience with managing open to buy (OTB) and meet company financial goals
- Confident negotiating complex deals with vendors while securing products at cost
- An understanding of the member’s wants and needs and the ability to identify the appropriate product/trend that will appeal to the member and exceed their expectations
- Can effectively communicate and influence teams around product, ideas, negotiations, etc.
- Advanced Excel knowledge
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with ability to meet deadlines
The expected salary range for this position is $80-90K. The compensation package will also include an initial equity grant, in addition to a range of generous medical, dental, vision and other perks & benefits. Compensation decisions are determined using a variety of job-related factors such as skill set, geographic location, market demands, experience, and education / certifications. If we extend an offer for employment, we will consider all individual qualifications.
What You'll Get! The Benefits & Perks of FabFitFun...
- Uncapped / Generous PTO
- Medical, Dental & Vision with competitive coverage options and plans
- 401K & 401K Match
- Pet insurance for any FFF furry friends via Nationwide - covers 90% expenses
- Complimentary annual FFF subscription with seasonal $25 credit for e-commerce flash sales
- Donation matching program via BrightFunds, where the company matches up to $500 charitable donations per employee
- HQ Perks: Paid parking, weekly catered lunch, cold brew & kombucha on tap, additional snacks & beverages
Your information will be handled in accordance with our Workforce Member Privacy Notice: https://legal.fabfitfun.com/#workforce-member-privacy-notice