Senior Fullstack Engineer
Posted on Wednesday, April 5, 2023
At Density, we build one of the most advanced people sensing systems in the world. Our product and infrastructure are nuanced and one of a kind. Building this product for scale has been an exercise in pragmatism, creativity, remarkable engineering, laser physics, global logistics, and grit. The team is thoughtful, driven, and world-class.
Density systems are real-time, accurate, and anonymous by design. We help today’s largest companies understand how their buildings are used. We’ve counted hundreds of millions of people.
Counting people in *real-time* is unique and particularly hard to achieve. It allows a person to walk into a room, beneath our sensor, and see the room’s occupancy increment 700ms later.
Today alone, Density will ingest over 1m events. In the coming year, our sensor network is on track to grow ten-fold. The overall system load is expanding quickly. Maintaining our low latency standards requires an increasingly thoughtful and well-crafted system.
Underpinning this IoT capability is a spatial awareness of these sensors installations. This understanding is informed through three dimensional models created with advanced scanning and photogrammetry. The Engineering Group’s Modeling Team serves this function.
As an engineer on the team, you will own and enhance systems that intake LiDAR sensor data, photography and metadata about our sensors and the spaces in which they reside. You don’t need to be a geometry expert to be successful in this role. Your contribution will be to provide technical leadership in enhancing a system with asynchronous processing jobs, RESTful APIs, relational databases and the web applications that make this information actionable. You will be creating tools and capabilities that both expedite sensor planning and installation as well as developing digital twins of physical spaces. Success in this role means the technology you develop will dramatically improve the customer implementation experience by reducing both the cost and time to deploy sensors.
This role will report to the Head of Professional Services and Engineering on the Customer Success Team.
What we're looking for:
- You have 6+ years experience shaping highly scalable enterprise system, or you can demonstrate similar proficiency.
- You have a command of technologies like Python, PostgreSQL, Java, Redis, AWS or GCP, and Kafka.
- You understand how to specify data schemas and relational models.
- You are comfortable building front-end applications with technologies like React.
- You have had significant senior responsibility for monitoring, profiling and improving system performance.
- You have demonstrated the ability to navigate the nuanced needs of internal tools and customer facing systems.
- You can balance a demanding workload, discern priorities, and communicate tradeoffs effectively.
- You are resourceful, direct, helpful, driven, and mission-oriented.
- Significant experience with standard tools like Docker, AWS/GCP/Azure, Kubernetes, Consul, and Nomad.
- You embrace the opportunity to share your knowledge.
- You have an awareness of your weak spots and a genuine desire to improve.
- You’re looking for a long-term role with a company that has long-term ambitions.
What we bring:
- $227 million raised from investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, and Upfront Ventures.
- A work environment full of fun, smart, talented, dedicated, and truly kind teammates.
- Our values are to be humble, seek feedback, and always solve the fundamental problem. These values are hard to achieve but we aspire to them daily.
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, mental and reproductive health, 401K, equity, Flex Fridays, Remote Friendly, unlimited and mandatory PTO and more.
We are looking for candidates who are strong in several areas and have exposure to or interest in the others. Most of all, we are looking for candidates who see themselves as a meaningful addition to Density’s team and culture.
See more open positions at Density
Something looks off?