Email Production Specialist
We founded Cordial in 2014 on the belief that there should be more humanity and empathy in marketing—both in how brands communicate with their customers and in how technology companies work with brands. We built our company and platform purposefully, driven by a desire to inspire more thoughtful communication and to create experiences that feel more personal and human—for consumers, for the people at the companies we work with, and for Cordial employees. Today, brands like PacSun, Revolve, Eddie Bauer, Realtor.com, L.L.Bean, and Forbes rely on Cordial to drive revenue growth by sending a better message.
We chose the name Cordial to symbolize how we empower our clients to communicate with their customers, as well as how we do business: with transparency, collaboration, and trust. We're building a passionate team of individuals willing to learn, grow, and be thoughtfully challenged on a daily basis to continuously improve our product, company, and culture every single day.
- Communicate better than the rest
- Tenacious about the client and the problems we solve for them
- We’re owners and we act like it
- Be Cordial
The Email Production Specialist will be a hands-on resource to set up, QA, and deploy email campaigns for Cordial clients. You’ll code emails and build segments and automations to power highly personalized marketing campaigns designed to drive revenue growth for our clients. This position is remote, with US-West Coast hours, and will report directly to the Director of Client Solutions.
- Execute end-to-end email campaign production including:
- Coding dynamic, personalized emails in HTML/CSS
- Setting-up/editing multiple programs within a deployment
- Targeting segmentation
- Developing schedules
- Ensure excellence with QA and troubleshooting HTML files using Litmus, EmailOnAcid, or similar inbox rendering tools.
- Ensure email campaigns deploying across multiple internal systems adhere to industry best practices.
- Build list segmentations and cross-channel message orchestrations in Cordial.
- Collaborate with client creative teams, managers and stakeholders for the creation and management of content.
- Examine all creative assets to ensure that content/message is approved by business owners and creative is optimized for delivery and performance.
- Lead requesting additional data feeds in or out of the ESP platform to deliver on desired customer communication goals.
- Monitor technical issues relating to email delivery and marketing automation.
- Manage the proofing & approval process with the client: make updates as needed: copy updates, URL, images, content in transactional and marketing workflow emails.
- Remain extremely focused on detail while managing multiple email campaigns simultaneously.
- Preferred (but not required): Familiarity with database marketing, customer relationship management, and segmentation.
- You have a minimum of 3 years experience in email and digital operations, with hands-on production experience including HTML coding, automated customer journeys, A/B testing and audience queries. Experience using Cordial is a plus. Experience with SaaS and/or rapidly growing startups is a plus.
- You have some expertise in email best practices such as creative and coding for mobile vs desktop.
- You are familiar with project management tools, e.g. Basecamp, Mavenlink, Microsoft Project, etc.
- You have some expertise in customer databases: relational database structure, data relationships, import and export processes.
- You have some knowledge of CAN-SPAM, CCPA, CASL laws and compliance.
- You have very strong attention to detail, you are well organized, and you are able to prioritize amongst numerous projects and tasks.
- You are detail-oriented with strong project management and organizational skills, but comfortable with ambiguity and adept at solving problems creatively.
- You have a positive outlook, are a self-starter, have a high emotional intelligence (EQ) and a strong ability to take responsibility for your successes and failures.
- You have the ability to work both independently and with a team. You have a strong bias toward collaboration and an ability to work effectively in a cross functional and geographically dispersed team. You are willing to ask questions and be naturally curious both in your role but also for your own professional development.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
$66,000-$75,000 annually. The compensation range may be adjusted based on experience and location. In combination with base salary, Cordial's compensation package includes equity and bonus, a robust benefit plan (medical/dental/vision/life), 401k match, flexible time off. Additionally, we offer perks such as monthly wellness and cell phone stipends, childcare and continued education yearly reimbursements. We pride ourselves in maintaining a healthy work/life balance, a strong dedication to DE&I efforts, and an overall respectful and open culture!
Please note: In the current environment, Cordial employees are working completely remote and our recruitment process will entail both phone and video Zoom interviews. And if hired, your onboarding will be done remotely. Stay safe!
Cordial is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace with equal opportunity for all applicants. Our goal is to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability status, sex (including pregnancy), age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Cordial is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodation to applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you require an accommodation, please reach out to your recruiter once you've begun the interview process. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.