Senior Platform Engineer
We founded Cordial in 2014 on the belief that there should be more humanity and empathy in marketing—both in how brands communicate with their customers and in how technology companies work with brands. We built our company and platform purposefully, driven by a desire to inspire more thoughtful communication and to create experiences that feel more personal and human—for consumers, for the people at the companies we work with, and for Cordial employees. Today, brands like Revolve, Eddie Bauer, Backcountry, L.L. Bean and Purple rely on Cordial to drive revenue growth by sending a better message.
We chose the name Cordial to symbolize how we empower our clients to communicate with their customers, as well as how we do business: with transparency, collaboration, and trust. We're building a passionate team of individuals willing to learn, grow, and be thoughtfully challenged on a daily basis to continuously improve our product, company, and culture every single day.
- Communicate better than the rest
- Tenacious about the client and the problems we solve for them
- We’re owners and we act like it
- Always #becordial
We are looking for a senior engineer to join our platform team. You will be a primary contributor to our core platform, writing secure, highly scalable predictable code. We utilize primarily PHP with Elasticsearch and Mongo as backend repositories. Your code will operate in a highly distributed, high throughput environment, touching hundreds of millions of customers a day.
- Design and develop critical application components
- Optimize existing processes for scale, stability, and manageability
- Work across borders and time zones to help drive projects to completion
- Perform code reviews
- Contribute to broader application architecture initiatives
- Help make an innovative, respectful and motivated team even better
- 5+ years PHP experience including Laravel
- Has experience working in high volume environments
- Has the desire and ability to solve complex problems Is able to self-manage, but can collaborate effectively
- Git for version control; and familiar with a git workflow
- Doesn't feel comfortable committing code without tests
- Commands an in-depth knowledge of PHP, proficient in Laravel
- Working knowledge of MongoDB, and how php interacts with mongo
- Could knock out a small service with a modern PHP framework and deploy it with Docker pretty effortlessly
- Holds a passion for mentoring and growing more junior developers
- Experience with Elasticsearch nice to have
- Experience in marketing /building applications for marketing a plus
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
$165,000.00-$200,000.00 annually. The compensation range may be adjusted based on experience and location. In combination with base salary, Cordial's compensation package includes equity and bonus, a robust benefit plan (medical/dental/vision/life), 401k match, flexible time off. Additionally, we offer perks such as monthly wellness and cell phone stipends, childcare and continued education yearly reimbursements. We pride ourselves in maintaining a healthy work/life balance, a strong dedication to DE&I efforts, and an overall respectful and open culture!
Please note: In the current environment, Cordial employees are working completely remote and our recruitment process will entail both phone and video Zoom interviews. And if hired, your onboarding will be done remotely. Stay safe!
Cordial is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace with equal opportunity for all applicants. Our goal is to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability status, sex (including pregnancy), age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Cordial is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodation to applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you require an accommodation, please reach out to your recruiter once you've begun the interview process. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.