Event Specialist (Part-Time & Temporary)
We founded Cordial in 2014 on the belief that there should be more humanity and empathy in marketing—both in how brands communicate with their customers and in how technology companies work with brands. We built our company and platform purposefully, driven by a desire to inspire more thoughtful communication and to create experiences that feel more personal and human—for consumers, for the people at the companies we work with, and for Cordial employees. Today, brands like Revolve, Eddie Bauer, Backcountry, L.L. Bean and Purple rely on Cordial to drive revenue growth by sending a better message.
We chose the name Cordial to symbolize how we empower our clients to communicate with their customers, as well as how we do business: with transparency, collaboration, and trust. We're building a passionate team of individuals willing to learn, grow, and be thoughtfully challenged on a daily basis to continuously improve our product, company, and culture every single day.
- Communicate better than the rest
- Tenacious about the client and the problems we solve for them
- We’re owners and we act like it
- Always #becordial
We are seeking a motivated and dynamic temporary part-time entry level Event Specialist to temporarily join our team and support external events at Cordial. As the Event Specialist, you will provide a range of support on initiatives that improve funnel dynamics, accelerate time to close, and build customer engagement. These will be larger, integrated marketing campaigns around events, trade shows, roadshows, summits, mailers, webinars, videos, etc. This is an excellent opportunity for individuals looking to kick-start their career in event marketing and make valuable contributions to a growing organization. You will report to and receive guidance and support from the Senior Field & Event Marketing Manager while gaining hands-on experience in the field.
NOTE: This will be a part-time temporary position of no more than 25 hours per week with an estimated duration of six months. We cannot guarantee this role will convert to full-time employment.
- Assist in developing visions, plans for Cordial field marketing events.
- Learn to manage day-to-day relationships and logistics with external vendors and partners.
- Support in planning and executing events tailored to specific regions, customers, and representatives.
- Assist in researching best practices, competitor events, and industry programs.
- Contribute ideas to increase awareness among prospective clients ideal for our solution.
- Build relationships with key internal partners, especially in Sales and Marketing.
- Learn to set, communicate, and maintain timelines and priorities for event programs.
- Contribute to ensuring event experiences align with the brand and push creative boundaries.
- Contribute to assessments and reviews to enhance event strategies.
- Collaborate to ensure a Cordial experience and positive results at events.
- Travel throughout the United States to participate in onsite event execution.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, Hospitality, or a related field preferred.
- 0-2 years of experience in event planning or marketing-related roles.
- Internship experience in marketing or event coordination is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to articulate ideas clearly and work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking abilities.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated creativity in contributing ideas for event planning and execution.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to the dynamic nature of event coordination.
- Proactive problem-solving approach with the ability to handle challenges effectively.
- Resourcefulness in finding solutions to unforeseen issues during events.
- Basic knowledge of event management software and Microsoft Office suite.
- Comfortable interacting with clients, vendors, and colleagues at various levels; ability to build positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- This entry-level position is designed for individuals who are eager to kick-start their career in event coordination and marketing. While some experience is beneficial, a positive attitude, willingness to learn, and a passion for creating memorable events are key qualities we're looking for in candidates.
- Willingness to travel. Note travel will fluctuate but average to 1-2 events per quarter.
$25.00-$30.00 per hour.
Please note: In the current environment, Cordial employees are working completely remote and our recruitment process will entail both phone and video Zoom interviews. And if hired, your onboarding will be done remotely. Stay safe!
Cordial is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace with equal opportunity for all applicants. Our goal is to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability status, sex (including pregnancy), age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Cordial is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodation to applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you require an accommodation, please reach out to your recruiter once you've begun the interview process. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.