Director, Client Success
We founded Cordial in 2014 on the belief that there should be more humanity and empathy in marketing—both in how brands communicate with their customers and in how technology companies work with brands. We built our company and platform purposefully, driven by a desire to inspire more thoughtful communication and to create experiences that feel more personal and human—for consumers, for the people at the companies we work with, and for Cordial employees. Today, brands like Revolve, Eddie Bauer, Backcountry, L.L. Bean and Purple rely on Cordial to drive revenue growth by sending a better message.
We chose the name Cordial to symbolize how we empower our clients to communicate with their customers, as well as how we do business: with transparency, collaboration, and trust. We're building a passionate team of individuals willing to learn, grow, and be thoughtfully challenged on a daily basis to continuously improve our product, company, and culture every single day.
- Communicate better than the rest
- Tenacious about the client and the problems we solve for them
- We’re owners and we act like it
- Always #becordial
As the Director of Client Success at Cordial reporting to the CCO, you will lead a team of Senior Client Success members in ensuring our clients achieve their marketing objectives and derive maximum value from the platform. You will play a pivotal role in building and maintaining strong, long-term client relationships and driving client loyalty.The ideal candidate will drive a results-oriented culture and will architect, execute and continuously improve operational plans and processes. The Director of Client Success will bring strategy to one of our core values: being tenacious about our clients and the problems we solve for them.
- Lead, mentor, and inspire the Client Success team to excel in delivering exceptional service and support to our clients.
- Hire and/or retain world class CSMs.
- Set clear performance expectations, establish goals, and provide ongoing feedback to team members.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with key clients, understanding their business goals and collaborating with them to develop and execute customized success plans.
- Own, forecast and drive revenue and retention, while partnering with Sales to support upselling and cross-selling to achieve key revenue targets through accurate forecasting, ongoing team training, and enforcing Salesforce tracking.
- Identify and nurture client advocates who are willing to share their success stories and promote our solutions.
- Be the liaison cross-functionally to drive improvements.
- Identify and build processes for scale and to create a best in class digital client experience.
- Utilize customer data and analytics to identify trends, opportunities, and areas for improvement. Track and report on key performance indicators (KPIs) related to client success.
- At least 5+ years' managing a Client Success team in a SaaS Company with ideally 2+ years managing leaders who have direct reports.
- Proven leader with a track record of building, mentoring and coaching CSMs in a growth stage company.
- Understand and can drive operational excellence.
- Ability to analyze data, draw insights, and make data-driven decisions.
- Prior experience working with large Enterprise clients, are customer-centric and have a passion for ensuring client satisfaction.
- Deep Experience driving renewals and upsells.
- Hands-on leader. You are someone who inspires, motivates and coaches the team. You have no problem getting dirty in the weeds yet you can pivot to a thought leader.i
- A track record of attracting, retaining, developing, and motivating talent.
- Listen well and communicate authentically and empathically, whether it’s in a meeting, email, slide deck, or Slack.
- Communicate better than the rest because you have empathy, humility and expert listening skills.
- Take a collaborative approach to working with cross-functional teams.
- Have the ability to use Cordial’s platform.
- Don’t mind a little chaos. You have a track record of delivering phenomenal results in a dynamic, autonomous start-up environment.
- Last but not least, you embody Cordial’s values.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
$150,000.00 - $200,000.00 annually. The compensation range may be adjusted based on experience and location. In combination with base salary, Cordial's compensation package includes equity and bonus, a robust benefit plan (medical/dental/vision/life), 401k match, flexible time off. Additionally, we offer perks such as monthly wellness and cell phone stipends, childcare and continued education yearly reimbursements. We pride ourselves in maintaining a healthy work/life balance, a strong dedication to DE&I efforts, and an overall respectful and open culture!
Please note: In the current environment, Cordial employees are working completely remote and our recruitment process will entail both phone and video Zoom interviews. And if hired, your onboarding will be done remotely. Stay safe!
Cordial is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace with equal opportunity for all applicants. Our goal is to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability status, sex (including pregnancy), age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Cordial is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodation to applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you require an accommodation, please reach out to your recruiter once you've begun the interview process. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.