Engineering Team Lead
We founded Cordial in 2014 on the belief that there should be more humanity and empathy in marketing—both in how brands communicate with their customers and in how technology companies work with brands. We built our company and platform purposefully, driven by a desire to inspire more thoughtful communication and to create experiences that feel more personal and human—for consumers, for the people at the companies we work with, and for Cordial employees. Today, brands like Revolve, Eddie Bauer, Backcountry, L.L. Bean and Purple rely on Cordial to drive revenue growth by sending a better message.
We chose the name Cordial to symbolize how we empower our clients to communicate with their customers, as well as how we do business: with transparency, collaboration, and trust. We're building a passionate team of individuals willing to learn, grow, and be thoughtfully challenged on a daily basis to continuously improve our product, company, and culture every single day.
- Communicate better than the rest
- Tenacious about the client and the problems we solve for them
- We’re owners and we act like it
- Always #becordial
You will lead an engineering team building key components of the Cordial Platform offering. This is a hands-on role that manages and coaches a team of developers and facilitates in driving the team's initiatives to completion. You will play a key role in determining and implementing the best approach for solving some key problems around messaging, analytics, and data management. Leveraging a broad knowledge of available technologies you will assist in finding solutions that will perform at scale, while also being maintainable and manageable long term.
- Work in lock step with Product and have a deep understanding of our business goals and project outcomes
- Drive the development velocity of your team forward to move quickly, refine estimations and meeting those estimated timelines
- Drive design and development of critical application components
- Ensure the team is architecting, executing, and delivering solutions that strike the right balance of achieving outcomes, time spent, best practices, cost, scalability
- Optimize existing processes for scale, stability, and maintainability
- Understand priorities and manage resources and capacity as things change
- Keep the team focused and accountable and ensure that decisions are made in service of broader goals and outcomes
- Observe and coach the performance of your team members in their work, interactions with others, adhering to process, etc
- Help identify success metrics for the team and individuals, and drive the team toward them
- Identify and engage the appropriate resources for decisions and approvals in the interest of moving quickly and efficiently (e.g. validating with Product, validating architecture decisions, encouraging peer reviews, pulling in subject matter experts)
- Work across borders and time zones to help drive projects to completion
- Perform code reviews
- Contribute to broader application architecture initiatives
- Help make an innovative, respectful, and motivated team even better
- 5+ years hands on development experience
- 2+ years in an engineering leadership role
- Experience in fast past, highly iterative product development processes
- Ability to deliver high quality software in a team environment utilizing a scrum process.
- Has experience working in high volume, highly distributed environments.
- Has the desire and ability to solve complex problems
- Is able to self-manage, but can collaborate effectively
- Git for version control; and familiar with a git workflow
- Doesn't feel comfortable committing code without tests
- Working knowledge of MongoDB and ElasticSearch
- Could knock out a small service with a modern framework and deploy it with Docker pretty effortlessly
- Exhibits leadership qualities, strong communications skills
- Holds a passion for mentoring developers, facilitating career growth, and bolstering the strengths of others
- Experience in marketing /building applications for marketing a plus
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
$185,000-$200,000 annually. The compensation range may be adjusted based on experience and location. In combination with base salary, Cordial's compensation package includes equity and bonus, a robust benefit plan (medical/dental/vision/life), 401k match, flexible time off. Additionally, we offer perks such as monthly wellness and cell phone stipends, childcare and continued education yearly reimbursements. We pride ourselves in maintaining a healthy work/life balance, a strong dedication to DE&I efforts, and an overall respectful and open culture!
Please note: In the current environment, Cordial employees are working completely remote and our recruitment process will entail both phone and video Zoom interviews. And if hired, your onboarding will be done remotely. Stay safe!
Cordial is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace with equal opportunity for all applicants. Our goal is to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability status, sex (including pregnancy), age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Cordial is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodation to applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you require an accommodation, please reach out to your recruiter once you've begun the interview process. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.