Head of Implementation & Employer Growth (Customer Success)
If you can send your friends money in seconds, why does it still take your employer two weeks to send your paycheck?
At Clair, we are on a mission to create financial freedom for America's workers by giving them a digital banking platform that allows them to get paid as soon as they clock out of work. But we're not just another digital bank or on-demand pay provider. We meet Americans at their place of work by embedding our products within the scheduling, workforce management, and payroll apps they already use every day.
Learn more about us at getclair.com/about
Who we are looking for
As Clair gears up for our next phase of growth, we are looking for a leader for our Employer Implementation and Customer Success functions. Overall, this role will be responsible for driving user growth from employers that launch and offer Clair. This role will project-manage employer implementations, keeping internal teams on track as well as managing the employer relationship throughout implementation. This role will build out our employer launch strategy, creating tailored launch plans for employers of all sizes and industries across our platform, and making sure as many employees as possible know about Clair and successfully sign up. This role will also own the Customer Success function, leading the post-launch engagement and growth strategy for employers on our platform.
You will lead the existing team driving employer launches and customer success. You’ll collaborate with many teams across the organization (sales, partnerships, marketing, operations, and product) to implement employers ranging from SMBs to Enterprise businesses. You’ll work closely with our marketing team to create the right content needed to get employers excited about Clair. You’ll report into our VP of Operations, benefitting from collaboration with our Ops and Customer Support functions with deep knowledge of how our product works.
Our ideal candidate is someone who has experience both implementing B2B programs/benefits as well as experience overseeing or collaborating closely with a traditional Customer Success function. You’ve worked hand-in-hand with sales and marketing teams to drive growth through businesses and those important B2B relationships. You are a client relationship whiz, delighting stakeholders and executing on project timelines. You also build strong internal relationships and collaborate to detect potential issues early on and push through roadblocks to get things done.
What you’ll do
- Drive the overall implementations of Clair at enterprise employers, acting as a project manager and delivering on-time and successful implementations
- Manage the existing launch and success team (3 people), leveraging the expertise of this strong team and iterating on what we do today
- Refine our launch strategies for day-of launches (physical & virtual), making an amazing first impression of Clair to employees and driving as much adoption as possible
- Put on your sales hat as you invest in employer relationships to drive growth for Clair, communicating with their most senior stakeholders and acting as an escalation point for your team
- Collaborate with our content marketing team to build out materials needed for successful launches (posters, landing pages, videos, etc.)
- Track each launch with the associated success metrics and drive conversion and account signups at each employer
- Build our Customer Success function, setting the strategy for how and when we engage employers across the platform to continue investing in our employer base and driving increased penetration and new user growth
- Create success metrics for the Customer Success division, advising the executive team on what success should look like at Clair for this function
- Implement the tools, procedures, and reporting processes to manage the high performing team you will have the pleasure of working with
To be successful in this role you should possess the following abilities
- Resonate with our mission to foster empathy for consumers whose circumstances may be different from your own, and the employers who want to be part of the solution
- Have a bias towards action - you love taking the lead on challenging problems and hate sitting still
- Connect with our employers, demonstrating strong relationship-building and de-escalation when needed
- Be curious to learn about complex systems and problems
- Lead the team as a player-coach, as you’ll very much need to do the work alongside your team
- Communicate excellently, in both written and verbal form
- Collaborate well in team environments, but able to act quickly as the decision-maker.
Required Experience/ Qualifications
- 8+ years of experience in implementations, project management, client management, and/or customer success (the more of these the better!)
- Previous experience with sales or B2B marketing, as this is a growth-oriented position that will need to effectively partner with sales and marketing teams to drive growth
- Previous experience at a fast-growing B2B startup, particularly one at our stage (Series A)
- Experience working with CRMs (we use Hubspot)
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Minimum education of bachelor degree, or equivalent
Location: This is a hybrid position requiring 3 days a week in our NYC office
Compensation: The annual base salary for this role is $145,000-$155,000. The actual base pay within this range depends on many factors, such as education, skills and experience. Base pay is only one part of Clair’s competitive total compensation package which includes benefits, perks and equity. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Need more convincing?
Apart from getting to work with our incredible team, here are some of the benefits you can expect when you join Clair:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage, with option to extend to your family
- Fully-paid parental leave
- Company-sponsored 401k, HSA, and FSA
- Unlimited vacation for salaried roles, generous PTO for hourly roles
- Work from home setup allowance
- Access to your earnings every day on Clair
- Company-sponsored short-term and long-term disability insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer Information
Clair is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.