Head of Enterprise Sales
If you can send your friends money in seconds, why does it still take your employer two weeks to send your paycheck?
At Clair, we are on a mission to create financial freedom for America's workers by giving them a digital banking platform that allows them to get paid as soon as they clock out of work. But we're not just another digital bank or on-demand pay provider. We meet Americans at their place of work by embedding our products within the scheduling, workforce management, and payroll apps they already use every day.
Learn more about us at getclair.com/about
Who you are
We seek an accomplished, disciplined, results-driven, and collaborative sales leader to play a key role in driving operational excellence and strategically accelerating revenue growth across America. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of successfully leading Enterprise sales in diverse markets, a deep understanding of the on-demand pay landscape, and will be responsible for driving sales performance.
In this role, the selected leader will spearhead all enterprise sales initiatives, collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify opportunities for enhancing the client journey, improving conversion rates, and optimizing engagement and retention. Reporting directly to the CEO, they will be tasked with cultivating strategic relationships with internal key stakeholders in product, marketing, and revenue operations teams. Additionally, the leader will establish connections with external business partners, refine sales processes and strategies, and identify and secure new business opportunities while nurturing and managing existing business relationships.
This individual will play a pivotal role in the company's key growth phase, as well as hiring plans. Responsibilities include establishing crucial relationships with large employers and channel partner companies to expand the startup's market share and strengthen its value proposition.
What you’ll do
- Create demand by identifying and addressing business challenges, aligning them with our innovative solutions.
- Cultivate and nurture a robust pipeline, proficiently prioritizing and investing in the right sales channels, translating opportunities into leads and surpassing assigned quota targets for closed deals.
- Lead end-to-end sales cycles, encompassing planning, prospecting, lead distribution, territory planning, sales execution, and meticulous pipeline/funnel management. Deliver accurate reporting and forecasts.
- Develop and refine sales processes, planning, and value propositions for optimal results.
- Set, communicate, and manage performance expectations, ensuring the achievement of monthly, quarterly, and annual targets for the sales function
- Manage the sales funnel, guaranteeing the attainment of KPIs and optimizing conversion rates for sustained incremental improvement.
- Inspire, drive, coach, and empower the team, fostering the acquisition of skills necessary to deliver exemplary service to prospective and existing clients on our platform.
- Collaborate seamlessly with cross-functional departments to align on goals, facilitating the accomplishment of key objectives.
- The ideal candidate will be required to work from our NYC office 2-3 times per week.
To be successful in this role you should possess the following abilities
- Proven track record of consistently achieving and surpassing sales quota objectives, particularly in large enterprise settings
- Translate strategic initiatives into actionable plans for optimizing pipeline performance, enhancing deal flow and velocity, and refining pricing and monetization strategies.
- Self-motivated and driven for success, with a keen ambition to advance within a dynamic, fast-paced, success-oriented global business environment.
- Effectively educate the enterprise marketplace about the advantages and power of immediate access to earned wages.
- Demonstrate the capability to build and lead a high-performing sales team, including the development of sales strategies and the effective management of sales execution.
- Highly motivated and results-driven with consistent achievement of quota(s) across multiple periods of time.
- Highly collaborative and able to build strong cross-functional partnerships.
- Prior experience in a high-growth startup environment, showcasing adaptability and resilience in a rapidly evolving business landscape.
Required Experience/ Qualifications
- 7 + years B2B sales experience and 2-3 years of managing a team of quota-carrying individuals with a track record of exceeding goals and scaling teams, ideally in FinTech, banking, or other mobile technology.
- Strong track record of achieving sales targets across teams and individually.
- Skilled in managing and coaching through the full sales cycle from prospecting to closing.
- Experience using Hubspot for accurate forecasting
- Experienced in hiring and training talent
- Ability to function in a “Player/Coach” capacity
- Bachelor's degree preferred
Location: This is a hybrid position based out of New York City.
Compensation: The annual base salary for this role is $180,000-$210,000. The actual base pay within this range depends on many factors, such as education, skills and experience. Base pay is only one part of Clair’s competitive total compensation package which includes benefits, perks and equity. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Need more convincing?
Apart from getting to work with our incredible team, here are some of the benefits you can expect when you join Clair:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage, with option to extend to your family
- Fully-paid parental leave
- Company-sponsored 401k, HSA, and FSA
- Unlimited vacation for salaried roles, generous PTO for hourly roles
- Work from home setup allowance
- Access to your earnings every day on Clair
- Company-sponsored short-term and long-term disability insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer Information
Clair is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.