If you can send your friends money in seconds, why does it still take your employer two weeks to send your paycheck?
At Clair, we are on a mission to create financial freedom for America's workers by giving them a digital banking platform that allows them to get paid as soon as they clock out of work. But we're not just another digital bank or on-demand pay provider. We meet Americans at their place of work by embedding our products within the scheduling, workforce management, and payroll apps they already use every day. And, as a social impact fintech, our promise to our users is simple: we'll never charge our users to access the money they've already worked for.
Learn more about us at getclair.com/about
Who you are
We are looking for an experienced, high-performing, team-focused QA Engineer who will join our growing QA team to test the capabilities and scalability of our next-generation digital banking mobile app.
What you’ll do
- Be engaged in the manual testing efforts in each sprint
- Actively document new findings, bugs, and edge cases within the user flows
- Report directly to the QA Lead, and produce a daily test report at the end of each day
- Collaborate with various teams - Development, Business, Design, and Product - to gather and confirm requirements, functional design, and internal design specifications
- Partner with developers and support teams to resolve defects and environment issues
- Write and execute test cases using the STLC with solid knowledge of all phases of SDLC
- Execute end-to-end testing of the application, and interpret test data and results
- Own manual testing on a sprint by sprint basis
- Actively practice TDD with every task, to be directly integrated into our CD pipeline
- Assist the support team with issue investigation to identify platform issues and provide a plan of action to resolve them
- Attend daily standups with the product development team, participate in planning meetings, and provide documentation as needed on specific elements
Required Experience/ Qualifications
- 2+ years of previous testing experience is required
- Team-oriented person who is very organized and dedicated to being hands-on with the Clair app
- Extensive experience in the Software Testing domain including testing, project planning, and estimation for mobile and web applications
- Solid knowledge of QA methodologies, tools, procedures, and testing techniques
- Experience working in agile software development groups
- Familiarity with Appium Studio, Xcode, Android Studio, Selenium, Postman
- Demonstrate high quality and effective communication skills
Things we consider a plus
- Experience testing financial systems with a sound understanding of the industry
- Experience with object-oriented test automation frameworks and converting manual test cases to automated test suites (e.g. Testrail)
- Experience in object-oriented programming languages and concepts (e.g. Python, Java, C++/C# or PHP)
- Experience with CI/CD (Jenkins, Cucumber, Gherkin syntax, Github)
Compensation: The annual base salary for this role is $85,000-$90,000. The actual base pay within this range depends on many factors, such as education, skills and experience. Base pay is only one part of Clair’s competitive total compensation package which includes benefits, perks and equity. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Need more convincing?
Apart from getting to work with our incredible team, here are some of the benefits you can expect when you join Clair:
- 100% Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage, with option to extend to your family
- Fully-paid parental leave
- Company-sponsored 401k, HSA, and FSA
- Unlimited vacation for salaried roles, generous PTO for hourly roles
- Work from home setup allowance
- Access to your earnings every day on Clair
- Company-sponsored short-term and long-term disability insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer Information
Clair is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.