Customer Care Representative
If you can send your friends money in seconds, why does it still take your employer two weeks to send your paycheck?
At Clair, we are on a mission to create financial freedom for America's workers by giving them a digital banking platform that allows them to get paid as soon as they clock out of work. But we're not just another digital bank or on-demand pay provider. We meet Americans at their place of work by embedding our products within the scheduling, workforce management, and payroll apps they already use every day. And, as a social impact fintech, our promise to our users is simple: we'll never charge our users to access the money they've already worked for.
Learn more about us at getclair.com/about
Who are we looking for?
In the last three years, we’ve built our mobile app and digital banking platform from the ground up, aiming to transform the way America’s workforce gets paid with a fee-free on demand pay solution within a digital banking app. We are growing fast, and are looking for people to make sure that our users are taken care of every step of the way! As a Clair Care Representative, you will be a true product expert on how Clair works. You’ll learn the product better than almost anyone else at the company and use your expertise in many ways across the company.
Your time will primarily be spent on the front lines with our users, assisting them with using Clair from the moment they sign up, and through the entire usage of Clair. You’ll be an internal Clair detective, mediating between our product teams, tech teams, partner teams, and our Clair users, making sure our users are having an amazing customer experience. An ideal candidate has experience providing customer support in a tech environment and is passionate about Clair’s mission, and ready to roll up their sleeves to help our users and improve their lives. We are looking for team members who have an entrepreneurial attitude and are hungry to learn and grow in their careers.
What will you do at Clair?
- Answer questions from customers over phone, text and email, acting as a second level of customer support on the issues that our first level of support cannot solve
- Become a product expert, understanding deeply everything from Clair’s signup process, our wage advance and repayments product, as well as all things related to our digital banking platform - for someone that wants a crash course in fintech, this is the role!
- In solving our user’s toughest problems, you’ll work across many teams internally to resolve any weird issues customers are having, including collaboration with product managers, engineers, designers, marketers, the list goes on
- Keep the wheels running in the background on many processes required to support our users across direct deposit switches, identity verification, fraud and disputes, and many more
- Learn the ins and outs of digital banking support, expanding your knowledge of both the on-demand pay space and the infrastructure of our digital banking platform
- Work closely with a fantastic group of people invested in Clair’s users and Clair’s mission
- 1+ years of experience in a customer support role. Tier 2 level support or tech space experience is a bonus!
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal) in explaining tough concepts to customers, particularly on paychecks and direct deposit
- An aptitude for numbers and math - our users toughest questions are usually around their finances, and we love team members who can crunch some numbers
- A desire to gain a deep understanding of hourly workers and the financial challenges they face, and a commitment to helping Clair succeed in serving them
- An excitement about joining an early startup in the fintech space and about learning all things digital banking
- A team player, who is ready to work hard and achieve success with the small but mighty team at Clair
To be successful in this role you should possess the following abilities
- Be mission oriented and able to foster empathy for customers whose circumstances may be different from your own
- Have a bias towards action - you love taking the lead on challenging problems and hate sitting still
- Be curiosity to learn about complex systems and problems
- Have strong analytical skills and experience running and hypothesis-driven experiments and evaluating their results
- Excellent communicator, in both written and verbal form
- Strong collaboration in team environments, but able to act quickly as the decision-maker
Locations: Hybrid out of Salt Lake City, UT. Candidate will have the ability to work remotely but must be able to travel to our Salt Lake City office as needed
Compensation: $17 -$20.00 per hour depending on years of experience
Need more convincing?
Apart from getting to work with our incredible team, here are some of the benefits you can expect when you join Clair:
- 100% Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage, with option to extend to your family
- Fully-paid parental leave
- Company-sponsored 401k, HSA, and FSA
- Unlimited vacation for salaried roles, generous PTO for hourly roles
- Work from home setup allowance
- Access to your earnings every day on Clair
- Company-sponsored short-term and long-term disability insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer Information
Clair is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?