Sales Development Manager
Sales & Business Development
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, December 2, 2023
Are you known for your high energy and ability to inspire your sales team to achieve greatness? If you’re an overachiever, who enjoys delivering exceptional results and wants to help build our business, this is an outstanding job opportunity for you!
ChowNow’s vision is to become the leading North American platform connecting diners and independent restaurants for at-home dining. The ChowNow Platform continues to grow its product offerings and bring restaurants and diners closer together. Our marketplace provides a commission-free ordering for restaurants nationwide and diners with an ever-growing selection of independent restaurants. Our demand network provides diners with the ability to order where they’re already online, including Google, Yelp, Instagram, Snap, and many others. And our white-labeled online ordering system provides restaurants with a branded experience for diners on their website and their own iOS and Android apps for a reasonable monthly fee regardless of order volume. To date, we’ve created over 20,000 apps for our restaurant partners – something that’s never been done before in our category. We operate this way because of our belief in being fair, sustainable, and equitable with our restaurant partners and the same goes for our culture.
Diversity, teamwork, and mutual respect are among our core company values. We pride ourselves on giving our teams plenty of opportunities to make their mark.
Join us and help ensure ChowNow becomes the diner’s first choice for socially responsible online ordering. Together we can preserve neighborhood flavor, one restaurant at a time.
About the Position:
As our Sales Development Manager, you will be working with a team of highly motivated Sales Development Representatives, and will be responsible for helping them drive results and achieve a higher level of mastery of their roles. Your team will focus on generating pipeline for the ChowNow Sales team through calls, emails, social media, text and other sales channels. Your team will be responsible for prospecting, qualifying, engaging and generating meetings with high value restaurants in ChowNow Priority Markets. By working at the top of the funnel for our restaurant growth motion, your team will aid in increasing ChowNow’s brand awareness, while serving as the first touch point for many restaurants.
You will be tasked with evolving, iterating, and strengthening the SDR motion while simultaneously leading a team to achieve their goals. In addition to the goal attainment and restaurant growth your team will be responsible for, you will manage the career development of your team to help them master their skills and progress through their careers at ChowNow.
This is a hybrid position based in Los Angeles with a 4 days a week in office requirement.
Reports to the Director of Outside Sales, Senior and will have a team of 4-8 Sales Development Representatives as direct reports.
What We Love About You:
You put restaurants first. You deeply understand the importance of local restaurants and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to help them not only survive but thrive.
You celebrate diversity. You recognize that diversity and inclusivity matter. You’re committed to progress, which means everyone gets the support and resources they need, no matter who they are. You have an ability to listen to other team members' ideas and can thrive in an environment that embraces individuality. Everyone’s voice counts.
You raise your hand. You consistently go above and beyond what is asked of you. You help your peers accomplish their tasks while also excelling at accomplishing your own. When you have a smart idea, you raise your hand and share it.
You keep reaching. You set clear ambitious goals. You don’t allow yourself to become complacent with where you’re at and what you’ve done, so you seek out new opportunities and challenges.
What Success Looks Like:
Within 1 Month You’ll:
- Establish and run weekly team meetings including: 1:1s with your direct reports & check-in’s and/or check-out’s daily
- Work with Sales Leadership to define rules of engagement and partnership between your organization and the full cycle sellers
- Partner with B2B Marketing & RevOps to ideate and ship campaigns that drive results in strategic priorities
- Build & Iterate objection handling, cold call scripts, and value stories to effectively set meetings
- Work with DnA & RevOps to build the reports, dashboards, and tools you will need to manage success for you and your organization
- Listen to calls of your team to provide a strong feedback loop for improving their skills
- Lead weekly call reviews to ensure there are checks & balances that drive towards results
- Execute and train on the ChowNow’s approach to cold calling
Within 3 Months You’ll:
- Have diagnosed strengths and weaknesses of your team.
- Partner with Sales Enablement to build on-going training & curriculum to strengthen your team and improve rate metrics in the sales process.
- Build a pipeline of SDRs to ensure we have a bench as individuals advance through their career path.
- Have an understanding of the ChowNow Value Prop and sales pillars.
- Play a hand in the Extended Sales Leadership Team by providing a feedback loop for the sentiments, blockers, and successes in the field.
Within 6 Months You’ll:
- Accurately report and forecast team performance to provide insights into opportunities & threats in our goal attainment
- Ensure your team maintains high standards of data integrity within our Salesforce.com instance, resulting in increased levels of connection rates with prospects from our sales and marketing programs
- Identify team workflow needs and efficiencies to improve our overall sales stack
- Cultivate a great culture within your team that drives a desire to achieve goals while maintaining a positive and fun atmosphere
Within 12 Months You’ll:
- Manage a team that is hitting their goals on a consistent basis, through the lens of quality and quantity
- Maintain KPI (Key Performance Indicator) expectations and pull through
- Work with the VP of Sales and Sales Directors to outline any go-forward opportunities for the Sales Development Organization
You should apply if:
- You have 3-5 years of Sales or related business experience
- You have 1+ years prior experience as a manager in Sales Development
- You have knowledge of Salesforce & other sales tools (Groove, Drift, RingDNA, Chilipier, etc.), Google Docs and Excel
- You have strong coaching and strategic selling skills – creating a business plan, assessing territories, qualifying targets and prioritizing sales efforts
- You have a track record of consistent over-achievement, strong work ethic and desire to learn.
- You’re genuinely curious about people, local restaurants, and food trends
- You subscribe to a work hard, stay positive and implement feedback mentality
- You enjoy a competitive atmosphere where everyone is striving to be better than the day before while celebrating each other’s wins
About Our Benefits:
- Expected base salary: $109,250 - $120,750 with an ability to earn a commission
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities.
- A "Best Place to Work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience.
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Mental Health Coverage - we offer several programs to support your mental health and wellness goals.
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 7 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 8 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave.
- 401(k) Matching
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program or continuing education reimbursement program
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool).
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan.
- Pet insurance for your fur babies
- Quarterly Industry Events (Women, LGBTQIA+, Diversity, Inclusion).
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly.
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable.
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap in our satellite offices
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
As one of ChowNow’s core values, “Celebrates Diversity”, we are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Read here about your California privacy rights.