Accounting & Finance
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, August 19, 2023
ChowNow’s vision is to become the leading North American platform connecting diners and independent restaurants for at-home dining. The ChowNow Platform continues to grow its product offerings and bring restaurants and diners closer together. Our marketplace provides commission-free ordering for restaurants nationwide and diners with an ever-growing selection of independent restaurants. Our demand network provides diners with the ability to order where they’re already online, including Google, Yelp, Instagram, Snap, and many others. And our white-labeled online ordering system provides restaurants with a branded experience for diners on their website and their own iOS and Android apps for a reasonable monthly fee regardless of order volume. To date, we’ve created over 20,000 apps for our restaurant partners – something that’s never been done before in our category. We operate this way because of our belief in being fair, sustainable, and equitable with our restaurant partners and the same goes for our culture.
Diversity, teamwork, and mutual respect are among our core company values. We pride ourselves on giving our teams plenty of opportunities to make their mark.
Join us and help ensure ChowNow becomes the diner’s first choice for socially responsible online ordering. Together we can preserve neighborhood flavor, one restaurant at a time.
About the Position:
As a Senior Accountant, you’ll play a key role in the Finance department, ensuring that our financial data is accurate, timely, and consistent with best practice financial procedures. You’ll help us keep our books and records in tip-top shape, keep us up to date and compliant with local, state, and federal, as well as research technical accounting issues that pop up in our growing company.
This is a hybrid position based in Los Angeles with a 2 days a week in office requirement reporting directly to the Senior Accounting Manager; No direct reports.
Within 30 Days You’ll:
- Complete our ChowNow onboarding (Ramp Camp) where you’ll learn the ins and outs about ChowNow and our products
- Complete training with our IT Team and one of our Finance Team Leads. By the end of training you’ll be able to successfully navigate all internal tools, including Google Apps, Slack, Dropbox, Salesforce, ChowNow Admin, and NetSuite
- Learn the basics of our chart of accounts structure and start reviewing vendor bills and expense reports entered by Accounts Payable
- Enter daily cash transactions to reconcile bank and book balances. Interface with the Billing Team to resolve incorrectly recorded or missing refunds and subscription payment deposits
- Oversee data entry process by India Subsidiary contractor as well preparing roll-up accounting for consolidation at month-end
- Begin understanding and preparing other recurring journal entries and monthly reconciliations
Within 60 Days You’ll:
- Own all monthly recurring journal entries and reconciliations in conjunction with the other Senior Accountant
- Begin assisting with tax and audit consultants requests to provide support and schedules for requests
- Interface with outside departments in regards to questions around transactions and account inquiries
- Learn the expense reimbursement process: how NetSuite integrates with Expensify as well as corporate credit card transactions related expense reports
- Learn the sales tax process: how our systems integrate with Avalara and calculate state and local sales tax, reconcile sales tax balances on a monthly basis from books to returns, and resolve any discrepancies between the platforms
Within 90 Days You’ll:
- Take charge of the financial reporting process including review of the month-to-month Income Statement variances and assisting in preparation of financial statements to be sent to banking partners.
- Work with the Senior Accounting Manager to document policies and procedures as well as brainstorm improvements to current day operations
- Gain an understanding of our billing and revenue processes in order to assist the operations team with correct accounting and revenue recognition of various subscription and transactional products
You Should Apply If:
- You have 3 plus years working at a large public accounting firm or 1-2 years in public accounting with 1-2 years doing in-house accounting.
- You have experience working with NetSuite and/or cloud-based ERPs.
- You are detail oriented and great with documentation to let the rest of the Finance team know what is going on with our books and records.
- You are comfortable working in a fast paced, growing accounting department that will look to you to help build scalable processes and procedures.
- You have professional communication and attitude while reaching out to clients about their outstanding balances, current subscriptions, and charges/invoices.
About Our Benefits:
- Expected Base Salary Range: $107,350 - $118,650
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities.
- A "Best Place to Work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience.
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Mental Health Coverage - we offer several programs to support your mental health and wellness goals.
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 7 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 8 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave.
- 401(k) Matching
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program.
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool).
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan.
- Pet insurance for your fur babies
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion).
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly.
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable.
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap in our satellite offices.
As one of ChowNow’s core values, “Celebrates Diversity”, we are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status. We are committed to developing a barrier-free recruitment process and work environment, if you require any accommodation, please let us know at your earliest convenience and we’ll work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Read here about your California privacy rights.