Revenue Manager, Senior
Los Angeles, CA, USA · Remote
Posted on Saturday, July 22, 2023
Looking to take charge of revenue optimization? Join our dynamic team as a Senior Revenue Manager!
Utilize your analytical prowess to maximize profitability, implement pricing strategies, and identify revenue opportunities. Be at the forefront of driving financial success while collaborating with cross-functional teams. Join and unlock your potential today!
ChowNow’s vision is to become the leading North American platform connecting diners and independent restaurants for at-home dining. The ChowNow Platform continues to grow its product offerings and bring restaurants and diners closer together. Our marketplace provides a commission-free ordering for restaurants nationwide and diners with an ever-growing selection of independent restaurants. Our demand network provides diners with the ability to order where they’re already online, including Google, Yelp, Instagram, Snap, and many others. And our white-labeled online ordering system provides restaurants with a branded experience for diners on their website and their own iOS and Android apps for a reasonable monthly fee regardless of order volume. To date, we’ve created over 20,000 apps for our restaurant partners – something that’s never been done before in our category. We operate this way because of our belief in being fair, sustainable, and equitable with our restaurant partners and the same goes for our culture.
Diversity, teamwork, and mutual respect are among our core company values. We pride ourselves on giving our teams plenty of opportunities to make their mark.
Join us and help ensure ChowNow becomes the diner’s first choice for socially responsible online ordering. Together we can preserve neighborhood flavor, one restaurant at a time.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
As the Senior Revenue Manager, you will manage all aspects of SaaS Revenue, Billing, and Accounts Receivable. You will be responsible for overall management of the company's revenue, billing, and accounts receivable processes. This includes developing and implementing strategies to optimize revenue collection, managing the billing system, and resolving customer billing inquiries. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of SaaS billing and accounting principles, as well as experience managing and motivating a team.
This is a remote position and will report directly to the VP of Finance with 4 direct reports.
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
You put restaurants first. You deeply understand the importance of local restaurants and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to help them not only survive but thrive.
You celebrate diversity. You recognize that diversity and inclusivity matter. You’re committed to progress, which means everyone gets the support and resources they need, no matter who they are. You have an ability to listen to other team members' ideas and can thrive in an environment that embraces individuality. Everyone’s voice counts.
You raise your hand. You consistently go above and beyond what is asked of you. You help your peers accomplish their tasks while also excelling at accomplishing your own. When you have a smart idea, you raise your hand and share it.
You keep reaching. You set clear ambitious goals. You don’t allow yourself to become complacent with where you’re at and what you’ve done, so you seek out new opportunities and challenges.
SPECIFICALLY, YOU WILL:
- Develop and implement strategies to optimize revenue collection: This includes identifying areas where revenue is being lost or underutilized and developing and implementing strategies to improve collection rates. This may involve working with the sales and CX teams to improve the underlying process. Also work with payment processors (Stripe) on streamlined collection processes.
- Manage the billing system: This includes ensuring that the billing system is properly configured and maintained, and that it is aligned with the company's billing policies and procedures. This may involve working with the business systems team to make changes to the billing system, or working with the sales and CX teams to ensure that customers are properly invoiced. Managing the monthly billing system audit process to ensure accuracy of inputs.
- Resolve customer billing inquiries and disputes: This includes investigating customer billing inquiries and disputes, and resolving them in a timely and fair manner. This may involve working with the CX team or customer directly to understand the issue, or working with the team to correct the billing error.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly revenue reports: This includes gathering and analyzing revenue data, and preparing reports that summarize the company's revenue performance. These reports are used by the VP of Finance and other executives to make decisions about the company's financial performance.
- Manage the accounts receivable team: This includes ensuring that the team is properly trained, and that they are meeting their performance goals. This may involve setting performance goals for the team, or providing training on new billing procedures.
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and best practices: This includes reading industry publications, attending conferences, and participating in online forums. This helps the manager to stay up-to-date on the latest trends in SaaS billing and accounting, and to identify best practices that can be implemented in the company.
WITHIN 30 DAYS YOU WILL:
- Progress through our Ramp Camp (ChowNow’s New Hire Onboarding Experience)
- Complete training with our IT Team and Accounting Team Leads; by the end of training you’ll be able to successfully navigate all internal tools, including Google Apps, Slack, Box, Salesforce, ChowNow Admin, NetSuite, Stripe, and SuiteSync
- Learn the customized processes in Salesforce, NetSuite, Stripe, and SuiteSync
- Familiarize yourself with Quote to Cash (QTC) process for new subscriptions for both recurring and one-time products
- Familiarize yourself with the approval process for add-on subscriptions in Salesforce and the consequent actions to take in NetSuite
- Routinely interface with our Sales, Onboarding, and Client Performance departments to field questions from our customers
- Establish and begin holding weekly 1:1s with each of your direct reports
WITHIN 60 DAYS YOU WILL:
- Learn to identify and record failed payments per our merchant processor and reflect in NetSuite
- Learn the ins and outs of our payment processors (Stripe)
- Be proactive in identifying billing issues or problematic accounts
- Become familiar with the intricacies of our more advanced customized processes in Salesforce, NetSuite, and Suite Billing. This will include amending and terminating existing subscriptions, subscription renewals, upgrades, and downgrades, and redistributing recognized revenue per deferred revenue waterfalls, and termination and cancellation processes
- Become well acquainted with the strengths of each of your direct reports and identified opportunities for improvement and professional development
WITHIN 90 DAYS YOU WILL:
- Have increased the productivity of your team through hand-ons management and fostering a supportive work environment
- Implemented additional training and development programs for your direct reports
- Present plan to improve revenue, billing and collections processes. This could involve making adjustments to the plan based on the results of the changes
- Continue to track the results of the changes to ensure that the changes are having a sustained positive impact on revenue, billing and collection
- Start developing a plan for the next 90 days in order to keep momentum going and continue to improve revenue and billing
YOU SHOULD APPLY IF:
- You have 7+ years of experience in SaaS revenue, billing, and accounts receivable
- You have 3+ years of experience managing and motivating teams
- You have a strong understanding of SaaS billing and accounting principles
- You have built excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- You have an ability to work independently and as part of a team:
- You have expert level knowledge of Netsuite/Suite billing and Salesforce.
- You have have working knowledge of Tableau
- Degree in finance/accounting or related is preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license (a plus)
ABOUT OUR BENEFITS:
- Expected Base Salary Range: $166,250 - $183,750
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities.
- A "Best Place to Work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience.
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Mental Health Coverage - we offer several programs to support your mental health and wellness goals.
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 7 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 8 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave.
- 401(k) Matching
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program.
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool).
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan.
- Pet insurance for your fur babies
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion).
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly.
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable.
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap in our satellite offices.
As one of ChowNow’s core values, “Celebrates Diversity”, we are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status. We are committed to developing a barrier-free recruitment process and work environment, if you require any accommodation, please let us know at your earliest convenience and we’ll work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Read here about your California privacy rights.