Senior Software Engineer
About Bevy: 100% Remote Organization
Bevy is an early stage Startup with a mission to help brands build, grow and scale their virtual and in-person communities. Founded in April 2017 by the core team behind Startup Grind, Bevy is an Enterprise-grade SaaS platform used by companies that include Adobe, Amazon, Asana, Atlassian, Ebay, Epic Games, IDEO, Intuit, MongoDB, Red Bull, Roblox, Salesforce, SAP, Slack and many more. In April 2019, Bevy acquired CMX which is the world’s largest network of community professionals. CMX offers world-class training, events and research for the community industry. In March 2021, we raised a $40M series C investment. For this funding round, we’ve built a coalition of investors that reflect the communities that we live in every day.
Come be a part of our inspirational team, ranked by Forbes as one of America’s “Best Startup Employers of 2022."
Using your knowledge of distributed computing and application development, you’ll contribute directly to the Bevy community management platform that serves community managers and millions of event attendees every day. You’ll work within our team to keep Bevy the market leader in real-life community software through ongoing software innovation and attention to detail.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and ship features that make attending an event, joining a community, or growing a community simpler and more delightful.
- Review code changes made by others for standards of readability, security, and performance.
- Work with Product Management and other stakeholders to iterate on new features within the platform.
- Plan and automate tests that ensure the software works as designed and deals with surprises effectively.
- Learn, collaborate with, and teach others.
- Suggest improvements to processes to avoid undesirable, repetitive work or introduce qualities that increase desirable outcomes.
- Analyze effects that are happening in production systems to plan and implement improvements.
- Seek open-source software that already solves the problem-at-hand or makes solving it simpler.
- Work closely with everyone that has a stake in the Bevy platform and products.
Knowledge, Skill, and Experience:
- You have more than five years of experience developing with full-stack web platforms and languages and have shipped and maintained a number of features in a production environment.
- You have experience with Python and Django.
- You are comfortable thinking through complex software architecture and design challenges.
- You’ve integrated open-source libraries and third-party systems into your own software.
- You like solving interesting, challenging problems.
- You ask probing questions about software and don’t give up easily.
- You’ve worked on applications that were concerned with privacy & security. Experience applying OWASP ASVS or other standards is a bonus.
Salary range: $50,000-$150,000 USD annually
All job descriptions will consider reasonable accommodations that may need to be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. A job description will reflect assignments of essential functions and does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. All job descriptions are subject to change at any time.
We welcome candidates from traditionally underrepresented groups to apply. We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and the communities we serve.
We are a small but powerful team, dedicated to achieving our mission to bring more community to the world through virtual events. Many of us have worked in community positions before and understand the struggles and peaks that come with the role. Our team communicates candidly, giving feedback early and often. We set ambitious goals, and do what it takes to achieve them, while making sure that we take care of our own personal health and mental wellbeing. We’ll want you to be ready to take on a lot of responsibility with guidance and mentorship along the way. We work to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our team and a better product for our customers and the communities we serve.
Something looks off?