Shipping & Receiving Associate
At Apeel, we look to nature to help the global food system extend quality, prevent waste, and ensure an abundant future for our planet.
We believe that our most essential ingredient in our recipe for success is our people. We strive to cultivate an environment where everyone is welcomed, and can bring their full, authentic selves into everything they do at Apeel. Humility, Ingenuity, Leadership and Teamwork are the values that define us and how we work with each other, customers, and communities across the globe.
About this Role
We’re looking for a Shipping and Receiving Associate to join Apeel’s dynamic Warehouse Team. In this role, you’ll support the receipt of incoming equipment and materials for food production, be involved with inventory management, and the shipment of equipment and finished food products domestically and internationally.
[This position will report to the Warehouse Manager and will be based in our Headquarters Office in Goleta, California.]
What You’ll Do
- Monitor shipping requests
- Process both domestic and international shipments, with proper documentation, and providing any other shipping support necessary
- Process incoming receipts of equipment parts, raw material and finished food product, as well as all other general business receipts for the site.
- Labeling, processing and stocking all incoming items within the ERP system
- Delivery of all business related items to their proper destinations.
- Management of warehouse inventory, both equipment and food items
- Cycle count support
- Providing raw materials and supplies to manufacturing and receiving finished manufactured products back into the warehouse.
- Providing manufacturing support in boxing and palletizing of finished product
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) associated with material receiving, shipping, and handling of direct food product and other materials
- Maintain food safety preventive controls throughout all of the processes
- Proper stocking and movement of inventory, using “First-In-First-Out” (FIFO) standards
- Maintain inventory transactional integrity in all company systems
- Proactively communicate issues and align closely with Management, Production Planning, Purchasing, Logistics and Accounting for resolutions
- Other duties as directed by the Supervisor or Department that support the activities and objectives of the position
What You Bring
- Focused appreciation for accuracy and attention to detail
- Computer literacy in Google Suite
- Understanding of basic arithmetic
- Ability to lift up to 10kg overhead
- Ability to lift up to 25kg floor to waist
- Can occasionally carry up to 20kgs
- 1+ years prior experience in a warehouse environment including shipping and receiving responsibilities
- Lot control and inventory management experience
- Forklift driving experience
- ERP platform experience
- Hazmat shipping/receiving certification and/or experience
Apeel believes that the scale of our impact is determined by the teams that work with us. As such, we seek to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have any need for accommodations, you can let us know if you choose and know that we will do our best to assist you.