Labs Scientist Intern
At Apeel, we look to nature to help the global food system extend quality, prevent waste, and ensure an abundant future for our planet.
We believe that our most essential ingredient in our recipe for success is our people. We strive to cultivate an environment where everyone is welcomed, and can bring their full, authentic selves into everything they do at Apeel. Humility, Ingenuity, Leadership and Teamwork are the values that define us and how we work with each other, customers, and communities across the globe.
About This Role
Apeel Labs is seeking a motivated Intern who will work part-time (10-20 hrs/week) in support of new quality tool product development. To qualify for this program applicants must be currently enrolled in an accredited US college or university and reside within the United States.
We are looking for someone to start immediately and work during the school year. This position will be based at our headquarter office in Goleta, CA.
What You’ll Do
- Assist in the development of produce quality tools and data models that enable detection and prediction of specific produce quality attributes
- Collect various data related to produce quality and work with Apeel’s data scientists to analyze the data
- Effectively communicate (written and oral) complex information to a wide variety of audiences
- Work as part of several cross-functional teams in a highly dynamic environment
What You Bring
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Chemical Biology, Molecular Biology, or a related field of study
- Preference will be given to candidates with laboratory experience outside of the classroom
- Extreme attention to detail
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Self-directed and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Highly organized and with a strong ability to manage multiple priorities in parallel with each other
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
Apeel believes that the scale of our impact is determined by the teams that work with us. As such, we seek to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have any need for accommodations, you can let us know if you choose and know that we will do our best to assist you.