Temporary Technical Operator
At Apeel, we look to nature to help the global food system extend quality, prevent waste, and ensure an abundant future for our planet.
We believe that our most essential ingredient in our recipe for success is our people. We strive to cultivate an environment where everyone is welcomed, and can bring their full, authentic selves into everything they do at Apeel. Humility, Ingenuity, Leadership and Teamwork are the values that define us and how we work with each other, customers, and communities across the globe.
About This Role
We are seeking an independent, strong team-oriented Operator to join our team. In this role, you will be working directly with Apeel staff and Apeel’s customers in their packing house facilities, to support the application of the Apeel product to fresh produce. You will ensure operations are fast and efficient while creating an environment that puts people, safety, and quality first.
This 6 month temporary opportunity is based in De Lier, South Holland, Netherlands. This is a shift-work position, and the schedule may vary to include early mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
What You'll Do
- Safely and effectively support the Apeel Field Operations Staff who are mixing and applying Apeel product onto produce (ie - “treatment”), while complying with Standard Operating Procedures
- Make adjustments to the treatment line and the produce treated, during treatment and operation of the equipment, to ensure the process is operating effectively.
- Support cleaning and sanitization of treatment systems per FDA regulations, to meet Food Safety requirements
- Support others while completing preventative maintenance tasks and repairs
- Learn about what impacts produce quality
- Develop/maintain strong positive relationships with customers to coordinate operations
- Perform accurate and precise testing on produce using Apeel lab equipment
What You Bring
- 1+ years of experience working in a produce packing house, post-harvest applications, field services, agriculture, food & beverage, or chemical manufacturing
- Interpersonal skills; able to work cross-functionally with all departments
- Hazard recognition and applicable controls, related to working with and around operating equipment
- Familiar with Microsoft Office and Google Suite including: Excel, Email, Calendar, etc.
- Ability to work indoors/outdoors in cold and/or hot environments and lift up to 50lbs (23kg)
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must have reliable needs of transportation
- Must have valid drivers license
- Must be able to lift/carry up to 50lbs (23kg)
- Must be able to lift/carry up to 25lbs (11kg) for up to 2 hours total per day
- Must be able to lift/carry up to 10 (5kg) pounds for up to 4 hours per day
Apeel believes that the scale of our impact is determined by the teams that work with us. As such, we seek to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have a special need or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know.